• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US ARMY OR CANADIAN ARMY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom is American, and I like that country more then the average Canadian. I however intend to proudly serve Canada to the best of my abilities if given the chance. I have had family in the armed services of both country, and respect them all equally.

However, there would be some things that would persuade me to go American, but it's pointless to mention them as I'm not sure you would all agree...

Either way, I am certain that I would be fighting with fine men and women, but I don't intend to let the  :cdn: down until it lets me down...

:salute:

Well, thats one up from what I was going to say about that comment......

I took a quick scan of some other armies' recruiting web sites...

The British Army will take citizens of any Commonwealth country regardless of previous experience...

The Australian Army will take anyone with previous military experience in a foreign military...

And the New Zealand Army will take anyone with experience in the British, Australian, Canadian, and US militaries.

IIRC, the CF will only take Canadian citizens and landed immigrants.

Would it not be a could idea to open it up to Commonwealth and US citizens too if we're in such a recruiting crunch?

Armymedic said:
They do not require you to use proper capitalization, punctuation and grammer in their written correspondence.

I hear spelling is important as well.  As well as "grammar".  ;D

T

RangerRay said:
The British Army will take citizens of any Commonwealth country regardless of previous experience...
The Australian Army will take anyone with previous military experience in a foreign military...
And the New Zealand Army will take anyone with experience in the British, Australian, Canadian, and US militaries.

IIRC, the CF will only take Canadian citizens and landed immigrants.

Would it not be a could idea to open it up to Commonwealth and US citizens too if we're in such a recruiting crunch?
It was only a few years ago that this was the case.  We had many former service members of Commonwealth Nations joining the CF.  Since 9/11 we don't see that any more.  You may take into account in the facts that we share a continent with the US of A and that the US does not take 'foreigners' into their Armed Forces.

Journeyman said:
"An army with American equipment, Canadian troops, and German officers could rule the world."

I would like to use that for my sig if you don't mind. (I'm 1/4 German By blood)

I would die for this if I thought it would make a difference.

canadian_flag.jpg

not this:

images

Guy. E said:
canadian_flag.jpg

not this:

images

We are on the same team with the same agenda and have been for quite some time, despite what you would believe in the media.

Our troops and American troops are dying for this agenda.....as are Dutch, Brits etc etc...

What are you trying to say?

Regards

Also folks, if you've ever served in the armed forces of another nation, you cannot join any armed force of the USA. That was straight from a USMC recruiter over there. Mind you this was about 3-4 years ago, one of my buddies wanted to join them because, "I wanna see some $hit man!".....  ::)

Thank god he didn't make it in anyway, I think he had the IQ of my fridge and probably would have gotten himself killed....

Good guy and all but god...

Anyway....

So yeah, if you've already joined the CF, I don't think you can ever be in the USA military anymore buddy. And about God being your number one, BEFORE country?!?! Just so you know, you certainly won't be swearing allegiance to god, it will be for Queen and country just so you know....

In anycase, GOODLUCK - You already made the right decision, you went with your first instinct, your heart.

:cdn:

I would much rather have this draped over my coffin then the alternative.

canadian_flag.jpg

Guy. E said:
I would much rather have this draped over my coffin then the alternative.

So you are a patriotic Canadian.... I get that point, and have no problems with that... all the power to you.

There is no need to insult our or berate our cousins to the south....

Regards

Guy. E said:

I think this is the relevant point.  Please come back once you have determined what, if anything, you would consider "making a difference" as an individual really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back