• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Urban Camouflage

soldiers301

Inactive
Reaction score
A $293,500 contract was awarded to Fell Fab Limited for the supply of 4000 urban camouflage covers. The covers provide protection to field equipment and stores used in an urban environment. The delivery date for the covers is January 2005.

OK, this really tells us nothing. Please don't post a quote from the financial pages, or somewhere else, as some sort of earth shattering news without some kind of explanation or link. From what I can gather, these are the same guys supplying our "Clothe the Soldier" gear and they've just sold us $300,000 worth of tarps, or maybe some sort of cam net. Which, to me anyway, is not a lot and now fits into the "who cares" category. Again, your initial post leaves to much room for speculation.

Urban camouflage covers?  Perhaps something like IDF urban camo.

http://isayeret.com/camo/urban.htm

Initial post doesn't give much detail.

I kind of liked the elven cloak that Frodo and Sam used to hide at the Black Gate with - it made them look like a rock.  Maybe we can get some of those from New Zealand?

The Canadian Military work with many of the NATO country for the Urban Camouflage, the USMC have already produce some stuff with pixelated pattern. The Canadian one should be very close to this.

Here is a photo.

The image posted is not an official Marine uniform.  At present I don't know if the Marine Corps is looking at an urban version of Marpat...probably not.  The desert Marpat works pretty well for most of the urban areas the Marine Corps is currently working in, namely Iraq.

Interesting to see though, how many knock-off pixelated/digital camouflage patterns are out there, considering that Cadpat was originally developed to be a uniform solely unique to the Canadian Forces.  I guess the planners in Ottawa never really considered how patent and copywright/trademark laws are not honored in most 3rd world countries that are producing this stuff.  ;D

I know that is not an official Marines uniform, its only to show the pattern.  I would try to find out a real one and post it.

The original article.

HAMILTON, ON - A $293,500 contract was awarded to Fell Fab Limited for
the supply of 4000 urban camouflage covers. The covers provide protection to
field equipment and stores used in an urban environment. The delivery date for
the covers is January 2005.

Sounds like fancy tarps to me. Not uniforms of any type, unless you wrap yourself in one. ::)

Michael Dorosh said:
I kind of liked the elven cloak that Frodo and Sam used to hide at the Black Gate with - it made them look like a rock.   Maybe we can get some of those from New Zealand?

Michael isn't there a "hyper digital tiger stripe" version of that now available from your ole buddy? ;D ;D

Danjanou said:
Michael isn't there a "hyper digital tiger stripe" version of that now available from your ole buddy? ;D ;D

I actually an enitre post typed about him but thought better of it. ;D

I'm glad you didn't, to be honest. ;D ;D

Back