• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uniforms at CMR

ouellette9

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have a simple question: when you go outside of the RMC's campus, do you wear the CADPAT or the RMC uniform? (or another uniform) And do you always wear it when you are not on the campus?

I did a research but I didn't find what i wanted. Maybe I didn't search the right key words.

Thank you!

From what I saw,  first year RMC Cadets wore their black(?) uniform everywhere(even off duty).  After that,  you can wear civilian clothing when finished for the day.

I've seen some of them do exams in CADPAT, also I think some engineer students where doing some surveying outside in CADPAT as well. 

What I've been told by friends attending there is that first year students wear the number fours (the blue dress uniform with the wedge) off campus. Scarlets are for more ceremonial occasions.

Do you want too go out an about in CADPAT?

When I was in Kingston,  I never saw RMC Cadets in CADPAT,  always in their black(?) uniform  or civilian dress.

I assume CADPAT is only worn for PT, and any training that requires it too be worn.

I was never in RMC;  so I'm just going off what I saw during my time in Kingston.

I was just wondering... I didn't know that you must wear the Scarlets outside.. Thank you!

ouellette9 said:
I was just wondering... I didn't know that you must wear the Scarlets outside.. Thank you!

My bad,  the Scarlets are not the daily uniform.  They wear whatever the black(?) uniform is called when they go outside the school as a first year.

Yes,  as far as I know it is only the first year students that have to wear the uniform all the time.

yoman said:
First years must wear this when they leave the campus (known as the number 4's) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/katalystic/n501571784_1047004_265.jpg

The everyday uniform is this (known as the number 5's) http://classof1955.rmcclub.ca/images/RMC%20Photos/Recent/Reunion%20Weekend%2008/New-Uniform.jpg

CADPAT/NCD's are worn on Wednesday's and for other designated activities.

Those poor lads in the second photo have no left arms. Sad that.

My mistake. There's some without right arms also.

JRack said:
At RMC you are required to wear your 4's when you leave the campus outside of duty hours when you are in firsty year only, at CMR Saint-Jean there is no requirement to wear a uniform when you leave the campus.

Why the double standard?

Bluebulldog said:
:pop:

....this oughta be good.......

Mostly just curious, but whether Franco or Anglo, should they not be held to the same standard?

PMedMoe said:
Whether Franco or Anglo, should they not be held to the same standard?

Just because you attend CMR does not mean you're French. The students in prep year are all from Quebec, but a large number of first year university students there have English as their primary language.

PMedMoe said:
Mostly just curious, but whether Franco or Anglo, should they not be held to the same standard?

Absolutely Moe, one standard across the board.

I'm actually looking forward to some of the responses.....if there are any.

Cheers.

SIROEW said:
Just because you attend CMR does not mean you're French. The students in prep year are all from Quebec, but a large number of first year university students there have English as their primary language.

To be clear, I was referring to the schools (and locations), not the students.

Bluebulldog said:
Absolutely Moe, one standard across the board.

I'm actually looking forward to some of the responses.....if there are any.

Cheers.

Yeah, I don't expect any either.

PMedMoe said:
To be clear, I was referring to the schools (and locations), not the students.

My bad  :p Just the way it was worded I guess.

I don't think it's a "double standard."  The colleges are two different schools, with two different commandants.  Each can have their own dress policies.

As to why each thinks their policy is the correct policy, that's a different question  :)

Back