• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

unemployment

stevefrench

Inactive
Reaction score
i was doing a search and came up with nothing, im considering filing for unemployment insurance and i was wondering if this is frowned upon by recruitors  or seen as a negative trait in an applicant?  im looking to apply within a month or 2,  i used to work in the oil patch but with oil prices droping so drastically it has left me jobless and the prospects for work are few and far between, so any advice as to whether i should take ei or just take a run of the mll job at say wallmart until im in the forces?  any advice would be great.

Why would it have any affect?  Did you work and earn the right to collect UI?  Why would your desire to join the CF penalize you from doing what every other Canadian has the right to do?  If you are joining the Reserves, you may find that there are Reservists who collect UI when they find themselves in the position to do so.  If you don't collect UI, would you then have to collect Welfare?  The CF doesn't expect you to become destitute. 

No.  It should not be a major concern.

well i thankyou for your swift reply, i really appreciate it.  I will put in my paperwork tommorow for it tommorow.

George Wallace said:
The CF doesn't expect you to become destitute. 
No.  It should not be a major concern.

Many reserve officer cadets & 2 Lts might argue that they have made a "vow of poverty"... Between mess dues, mess assessments & accoutrements, there isn't much left to go around... (jk)

Reserve OCdts and 2Lts do alright.  I always feared for my brethern, the Gentlemen Cadets of the Royal Military College of Canada.  They got paid next to nothing, and after all their deductions, they could barely afford to get drunk every night and smoke like chimneys in Gagetown.  I've often thought some sort of telethon should be run to help them out, with the sad Sarah McLaughlin music and the pictures of them trying to pool enough money for a 24 of Lucky Lager or Schooner.

geo said:
Many reserve officer cadets & 2 Lts might argue that they have made a "vow of poverty"... Between mess dues, mess assessments & accoutrements, there isn't much left to go around... (jk)

stevefrench said:
i was doing a search and came up with nothing, im considering filing for unemployment insurance and i was wondering if this is frowned upon by recruitors  or seen as a negative trait in an applicant?  im looking to apply within a month or 2,  i used to work in the oil patch but with oil prices droping so drastically it has left me jobless and the prospects for work are few and far between, so any advice as to whether i should take ei or just take a run of the mll job at say wallmart until im in the forces?  any advice would be great.

Up until your separation from your presumably well paying job with the Oil Industry. Had you any immediate thoughts about a Military Career ?.

Cheers.

i certinly have been wanting to join for a long time, but i wll be honest it has spedup my date in which i intend to apply, i was originally planning on applying in the summer of 2009, now its basically a soon as i get all my paprwork in order. ill be going for refular force ncm            1. Boatswain  2. armoured

Based on the way you spelled Regular, I'd say you are a bos'n already!  >:D

(no offence to our Navy friends of course!  :p)

Redeye said:
I've often thought some sort of telethon should be run to help them out, with the sad Sarah McLaughlin music and the pictures of them trying to pool enough money for a 24 of Lucky Lager or Schooner.

You can get Lucky around Gagetown and RMC?  Badass.  :p 

KingKikapu said:
You can get Lucky around Gagetown and RMC?  Badass.   :p 

Of course you can get Lucky around RMC.  That's what Queens is for...

And for Gagetown, even the 300 pounders need some loving, not that I would know anything about that.

>:D

NFLD Sapper said:
And for Gagetown, even the 300 pounders need some loving, not that I would know anything about that.

Is there a size restriction... too small & you throw em back into the drink  (jk)

Hey, just remember, fat chicks need loving too...

...except they gotta pay.

Alright I'm thoroughly ashamed with myself that I'm leaving now.  Just a tasteless joke ladies.

Back