• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. airmen caught on video taking drugs, drinking, and waving samurai swords

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, so this has to qualify for the equivalent of a Darwin Award. Why would anyone even think about posting something like this on Youtube? Things were much simpler (or, at least, not captured on film) in the old days.... sigh

America's shame 2: U.S. airmen caught on video taking drugs, drinking, and waving samurai swords 

Military chiefs have ordered an urgent investigation after shocking video footage posted on YouTube showed airmen taking drugs, drinking and brandishing samurai swords.

The film apparently shows American airmen at their barracks in Mildenhall, Suffolk and was put on line by a local man appalled at what he saw.

In one scene on the tape - a compilation of phone camera footage - a man is clearly seen snorting up lines of white powder.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=525849&in_page_id=1811

First off why are people so  eagerly able to accept that these people in the pics  are in the military ?  Maybe these are civilians war protesters trying to  cause  problems for the military  .  I hope the public will let the military  do a proper investigation and find out who these people really are .

karl28 said:
First off why are people so  eagerly able to accept that these people in the pics  are in the military ? 

Maybe because of this: "The film apparently shows American airmen at their barracks in Mildenhall, Suffolk" ?

I didn't read that part just saw the pics on the link . I like to give people the benefit of doubt .

daftandbarmy said:
OK, so this has to qualify for the equivalent of a Darwin Award. Why would anyone even think about posting something like this on Youtube? Things were much simpler (or, at least, not captured on film) in the old days.... sigh 

There are a whole number of levels of stupidity being shown there...

It's every Airman's right to possess and wave swords wildly!

Sounds like another case of a few doing their best to make life worse for the whole...

daftandbarmy said:
In one scene on the tape - a compilation of phone camera footage - a man is clearly seen snorting up lines of white powder.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=525849&in_page_id=1811

How do we know exactly what kind of powder that is? From the guy's laughing matter and apprehension, and at appx 2 minutes and 41 seconds into the video, if you look at the container on the table on the lower right of the screen, I think the guy was dared to snort Gatorade powder.

Yes, I'm being serious.

So basically, we have a video showing troops

A) drinking, smoking, joking, dancing in their shacks.
B) on a road trip and out in a town.
C) playing video games and guitar
D) performing drinking games or beer chugs

The 2 things that could be wrong, buddy playing with a sword, and buddy snorting a powder (which I am now sure, looking at the video again, that it is gatorade powder).

Should it be on the internet, no. Is it anything any of us on a course in shacks have never seen? Come on. Is it something that brings shame to their military as a whole? Not in my opinion, not without more information, or more concrete proof of drugs.

benny88 said:
It's every Airman's right to possess and wave swords wildly!

And here all along I had thought that it wasn't wise to give an airman/woman/person anything sharp.....

Beadwindow 7 said:
How do we know exactly what kind of powder that is? From the guy's laughing matter and apprehension, and at appx 2 minutes and 41 seconds into the video, if you look at the container on the table on the lower right of the screen, I think the guy was dared to snort Gatorade powder.

Yes, I'm being serious.

So basically, we have a video showing troops

A) drinking, smoking, joking, dancing in their shacks.
B) on a road trip and out in a town.
C) playing video games and guitar
D) performing drinking games or beer chugs

The 2 things that could be wrong, buddy playing with a sword, and buddy snorting a powder (which I am now sure, looking at the video again, that it is gatorade powder).

Should it be on the internet, no. Is it anything any of us on a course in shacks have never seen? Come on. Is it something that brings shame to their military as a whole? Not in my opinion, not without more information, or more concrete proof of drugs.

I have to agree with you on this. For those of you who can't remember being young and going to parties, they are almost ALL like this on both sides of the fence (military/civi)
After a brief examination, I am darn sure that is just gatorade mix. Young, drunk with your good buddies, and a fine sugary mix. Thats all I believe this video is.

benny88 said:
  Haha, scalpels don't count MedTech!

Huh, I don't know about you fly boys, but Sword, Navy, Officer Pattern's sitting close to me right now.

MedTech said:
Huh, I don't know about you fly boys, but Sword...sitting close to me right now.

Haha, don't have one....yet. >:D

benny88 said:
  Haha, don't have one....yet. >:D

You wouldn't have the same sword as me.

Sword, Air Force, Officer Pattern is what you want :D and you don't get them issued either. You have to buy em :|... cost is a bit prohibitive at times :S

MedTech said:
You wouldn't have the same sword as me.

Sword, Air Force, Officer Pattern is what you want :D and you don't get them issued either. You have to buy em :|... cost is a bit prohibitive at times :S

Yeah I know I wouldn't have a Navy one. I did hear they were pricey, better start saving up. If it's not too personal a question, did you get it on/for a special occasion? Commissioning/marriage, etc? Or just because?

Back