• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tye Dye; because hippies are SOOOOOOOOO cool

• Thread starter Thread starter Fader
  • Start date Start date
I like catching flak from people. It helps the learning process.

So yeah, point out my errors if you like, I‘ll be more the happier to come around next time with a sharper edge.

But Windwolf, PT for reservists is largely a waste of time. There is no benefit to having group PT once a week, if the troops are not going to do anything else on their own time. I am talking about during the training year. I would imagine most of those in combat trades have the initiative to do their own PT every day.

I personally like SHARP and LDA; if it has gone "too far" in some units, that‘s too bad. From my experience, all the bad has been done away with, with just enough discipline to make things stick. We still have charge parades, and we still have crusty NCOs who yell at people when they deserve it.

All the NCOs I‘ve ever respected most never had to yell, anyway; they had the respect of the troops through their job knowledge, charisma, and leadership ability. If you have to yell, you‘re not a very good leader; or conversely, you have really piss poor troops and the yelling probably won‘t help either of those much.

There are one or two badapples that probably deserve (or would have in the "good old days") a good beating, but one of our CSMs once reminded us that once a guy is in your regiment, he‘s part of the family. You can try and have him tossed out - where he becomes someone else‘s responsibility - or you can do your ****dest to turn him into a Guardsman, a Gunner, a Highlander, a Patricia, a Royal Canadian, a Van Doo, a Jimmy, a Rifleman, a Craftsman, or a whatever your battery, squadron, company happens to refer to its soldiers as. The latter is always the hard way, but I always thought Canadian soldiers did things the hard way out of habit? :D

lol, after reading all of this i have one question that is nagging me..what is a blanket party exactly?

And for the reserves, I think that each person should be doing training by themselves. Every morning up at 6 and running for an hour. :crybaby:

One thing is for certain, Lui can get a conversation going. His tie dye thing led to three pages. Impressive.

As my understanding a blanket party is a method of implementing an idea into a Numptees head with brute force. Eg; being restrained with fire blankets while some members of the unit with either locks in socks or soap in socks lay a whuppin on you. Thous SHARP may prevent this, CHAP in the cadets says it does but i witnessed at least 4 this summer. Its a sure fire way to tune a herbie into the program. Or you can just take the sicker out back of the shacks and "tune him in" :D

Heh, when I was in sea cadets we were doing some training on YAGs. Was pretty fun. But one kid wouldn‘t stop sitting on the deck during watch and falling asleep.

Later that night 12 of us gave him a whoopin like he‘d never seen before.

The CO caught wind of it and gave us **** ... with a smile.

EDIT: Yes, this was a blanket party with socks, some soap only... didn‘t want to hurt him or anything badly.

Personally I think physical obediance is NESSICARY training in SOME cases. To kick someone into shape, to have him listen and understand.
An empathetic and understanding officer is something I never want to see for a couple of reasons.

It softens his group
Everyone becomes attached and relies on the officer
They can not break loose and survive on their own because they are used to someone who let‘s em off easy.

Know what I mean?

I don,t know about that Michael,How do you get
a group to jell or become combat ready?
Pt was done every morning & this helped to
keep the boys in top shape as well as work
in team mode.Even on weekends we worked out.

Must be a different training regiment altogether
now that we have smarter soldiers.

As for the old NCO,s,yea,i will have to agree
there. They led by talent not by intimidation.

:D

He he he he I have a good warning story.

Im not sure how it works but depending on thne infraction you could be chitted or be given counselling to correct your problem. After counselling comes verbal warning.

So heres the scoop webbing inspection is tommorow morning but im thinking "WTF the warrant cant‘t go through all of our webbings, I mean, come on we have breakast in an hour after inspection begins and were 4 section, the last to be inspected. Im just gonna polish my boots get my uniform ready scrub other crap and rack out."

Needles to say my carefull strategrem didnt work, in fact it failed miserably. We were three mod tents down from the first section when we heard the yelling start. Then more yelling and crashes as kit flew out the door. There would be a yelling spree then a murmur from the victim then more yelling. I was actually freaked since I was a scrawny runt compared this extermelly large warrant who used me as a bitch for unarmed combat. My brain knew he couldnt touch me but my body was ready to sprint like a bitch( I hope he isnt reading this....) Then he flkew through the door yelling and screaming asbout how the other tents were **** and we better imporve his mood. Low and behold ignored everything but my webbing completly.

He grabbed ,my butt pack ripped it open and produced a dirty bush cap not cleaned since BIQ several months before. He yelled at me for a time then stormed out. I received notification from him later that that was my counselling.....
I usally associate counselling with a smilin gentle person talking you through your mistake. Boy was I wrong, counselling for me is know asscoiated with large dangerously mad warrant officers using french and english explisitives to take away your weekend and curse your skills as a solider. :)