• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

The empire survived Caligula. It didn't survive Augustulus.
Augustulus was also a child and only ruled for ten months before he was deposed, and Rome had so many problems by then anyone would have had trouble ruling it, even without the barbarian invasions.

Augustulus was also a child and only ruled for ten months before he was deposed, and Rome had so many problems by then anyone would have had trouble ruling it, even without the barbarian invasions.

Another data tile in the public environment mosaic for Team Red planners, from The Canadian Press ....
Also archived here.

Concurrently... another pillar of their climate policy assumptions is shifting in the sand they used for foundation setting ;)

'Tall order to ask the average Canadian': EVs are twice as hard to sell today​

Canada’s goal of ensuring at least 20% of new vehicles sold by 2026 are electric seems to be in jeopardy as demand slows

Most of the market with an interest and the money to buy EV's has been satisfied. I gotten nothing against EV or Hybrids, I just don't want to be forced to buy one and not to have to subsidize someone else buying it. Let the market stand on it's own feet.

^^
Ever notice that the people making these decisions live in a downtown core, have easy access to ample public transit, lots of grocery store choices, and easy access to airports of convenience. Nobody at the table would be people that access to any or some of those options is a pipe dream and could give the decision maker some doses of reality.

Ever notice that the people making these decisions live in a downtown core, have easy access to ample public transit.....big limo and driver.

I gotten nothing against EV or Hybrids

I like the idea of a PHEV, get about 60-80km of range on electric for majority of in-town running around, but have a gas engine for longer highway driving especially in the winter. Make a Yukon or Expedition sized vehicle into an PHEV under $100k and I’ll buy it.

Land doesn't vote.

People do.

If we assign votes based on land area, then Nunavut, Quebec, the NWT and BC are just about half the country, and get about half the votes.

It's not about land area.

It's too many people crammed into a small space over amplifying their issues. By way of seat distribution.

We need to encourage people to leave that area and spread out.

It's not about land area.

It's too many people crammed into a small space over amplifying their issues. By way of seat distribution.

We need to encourage people to leave that area and spread out.
So... The Maritimes and Prairies need to improve themselves to attract people?

Seats are allocated based on where people live. If Nova Scotia wants more seats they need to attract more people.

So... The Maritimes and Prairies need to improve themselves to attract people?

Seats are allocated based on where people live. If Nova Scotia wants more seats they need to attract more people.
NS has done just that. The Provinces' population has grown by 140,000 or 15 % in the last 5 years. Something about that Covid cohesion and much better housing prices compared to Ontario.

Back