• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Must be absolute hell when trudeau is present. Two egotists like that would suck the oxygen right out of the room. Two millionaires planning the future path of the plebes. What could go wrong?
If ego and millionaires are the barometer of what is wrong with western democracies we have a long history of those…

And the one aspiring to be PM.

PPs net worth places him as a multimillionaire as well.

Must be absolute hell when trudeau is present. Two egotists like that would suck the oxygen right out of the room. Two millionaires planning the future path of the plebes. What could go wrong?
Since I occasionally go for a good conspiracy theory, I’ll throw it out there that it’s billionaires, not mere millionaires, who are a significant driving/guiding factor.

Again, N47.975587 W70.131304 comes into play… 😉

Home prices being what they are, "multimillionaire" isn't a hard lift for anyone who has been sitting in the top two or three income deciles for a while.
And definitely not the same as when the term first became widely used.

Hotel operators in Vancouver must like him alot ;)

Parliament spent nearly $600,000 on luxury hotel rooms it never used​

Conservative whip calls it a 'disastrous waste of money'​

What happened to the Government’s recent self-adulation about the success of establishing the NATO Climate Change and Security Centre of Excellence in Montreal since Montreal is a noted International organizational hub of HQs (like ICAO, etc.). Why would anyone expect that all those Europeans would want to fly twice as far as Montreal to get to the Pacific?

#cdngovtlogic

1707163431411.gif

What happened to the Government’s recent self-adulation about the success of establishing the NATO Climate Change and Security Centre of Excellence in Montreal since Montreal is a noted International organizational hub of HQs (like ICAO, etc.). Why would anyone expect that all those Europeans would want to fly twice as far as Montreal to get to the Pacific?

#cdngovtlogic

View attachment 82927
Only the Canadian government would be so dumb as to plan a Euro-centric meeting as far from Europe as they possibly can. I guess all those Atlantic votes weren't enough to get it hosted in Halifax or St John's.

Hotel operators in Vancouver must like him alot ;)

Parliament spent nearly $600,000 on luxury hotel rooms it never used​

Conservative whip calls it a 'disastrous waste of money'​

How about that Bev Oda, and her orange juice though ?

Make It Rain Money GIF

Speaking of expensive Liberal gatherings.

Seems about right.

Honestly when a party is slumping this hard, I expect any expense is going to be met with howls.

At this point the honorable thing to do is to dissolve parliament and call and election, unfortunately honor is something that is lacking in the HoC.

I agree. Although some call the first-past-the-post system a tyranny of the minority, it is devilishly simple and quick. All of the others I have seen proposed; mixed member proportional, ranked ballot (my favourite if we really must but nobody seems to like it) and the others all seem to result in more members and/or and election that takes a couple of weeks to sort out. When Ontario considered an alternative a number of years ago, it struck me as having to vote with my left hand while swinging a chicken over my head by the light of a full moon.

If what we are hearing about is all there is to 'election reform', it's pretty thin soup and changes none of the fundamentals.

Europeans knew that any conference hosted by Canada would be as irrelevant as Canada. Add not wanting to be bombarded/patronized re saving the planet.
and they don't have to explain to their constituents why they are travelling to Canada on their dime.

Europeans knew that any conference hosted by Canada would be as irrelevant as Canada. Add not wanting to be bombarded/patronized re saving the planet.
Hey now, we have the Ottawa Treaty wr can boast about. That probably took some good convening to organize/accomplish... 😶

Only the Canadian government would be so dumb as to plan a Euro-centric meeting as far from Europe as they possibly can. I guess all those Atlantic votes weren't enough to get it hosted in Halifax or St John's.
Well when some MP's in the EU Parliament dislike you so much as to publicly ask you to "spare them your presence..." ... it causes one to suggest Euro-centric conferences to be held places that aren't in Europe...

To be a fly on the wall during one of those conversations...

I think even the fly would have to leave the room I search of better ppl to eavesdrop on 😅

Back