• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

troubles getting in

• Thread starter Thread starter white
  • Start date Start date
W

white

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who was able to join the army even though they were seen a psychiatrist before applying.   The reason I ask is because I had seen a psychiatrist for a few months for a small anxiety problem I had and it seems a lot of people have not been accepted because of problems like this.   I want to know if I should keep my hopes up or face the facts and accept that I dont have a chance of getting in. any help on this would be appreciated. thanks!

well when you apply i would suggested that you have a letter of recommendation from your psychiatrist saying that you are good to go, so that might help your chances, but i don't know for shur, but it's always worth a try. well this is just my two cents!

Cheers,

Hi,

When you do your medical you have to tell them about anything like that, and then they give you a 'Release of medical information (psychiatric disorder)' form, or something like that, and you have to take it to your doctor and have him or her fill it out, and possibly attach any relevant psychiatric reports.  Also, I have heard that you are not permitted to have taken any sort of medication for a psychiatric disorder within the previous year.  Having been treated for a psychiatric disorder does not necessarily exclude you from a CF career, but it does require examination on a case-by-case basis my the MDs in borden.

what about if... for  my case... I had seen one like.. now it'd be three years or something ago and i will be trying for reserves next year... what would happen there?
:salute: :cdn:

I would think things would be good. But odds are that they may still require some sort of documentation saying that you arn't crazy, mind you it will also depend on why you when in the first place. Anyways don't take my info to siriously, i have not been in that situation, but I did have a friend that did have to have some documentation but i think it was only like 2 years after. Anyways good luck to you guys!

Cheers,
FX

Thanks FX.... I am sure i will be fine because it was more of a teen depresion.. usua  stuff... i got over it quickly... i have devorced parents my dad got remarried to someone who HATES me and abuses that fact.... anyways.. that was wat i was in for... but it doesnt matter it is over now and i should be fine gettin into the military. :salute: :cdn:

Back