• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trouble with Online App

Zerkaiya

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, real simple question here:
I was doing my online app (seems it's done online now and not pen n paper) and I was having trouble getting past the education aspect. It seems I have to fill in some form of education ergo not leave any of the fields blank. The problem is that I do not have post-secondary education, but the fields in question seem to want some form. I could not find a Secondary School Diploma option in the Degree/Diploma received field and was wondering what you guys did about this. Thanks for any replies in advance fellas
Zerk

EDIT: Seems it is placed as high school and not secondary school :facepalm: Now that is silly

Yeah, I ended up putting High School diploma. It's pretty much the same thing.

shadesofgreen said:

No, no it is not. A High School diploma and a post-secondary education diploma are completely different. One has a higher education than the other. One could be a Masters Degree, a PhD, etc...

So basically you are saying that my High School diploma is equivalent to my College Diploma?? Because that is not the case.

shadesofgreen said:
Brandonfw said:
No, no it is not. A High School diploma and a post-secondary education diploma are completely different. One has a higher education than the other. One could be a Masters Degree, a PhD, etc...

So basically you are saying that my High School diploma is equivalent to my College Diploma?? Because that is not the case.

I think he was referring to high school diploma is the same as a secondary school diploma.

Brandonfw said:

Hattie56 is right, I was talking about high school dimploma and secondary school diploma.
The person who asked the question was talking about a secondary school diploma. She did not say post-secondary. You may calm down now.

Indeed,  that is what I meant. In Ontario the diploma is referred to an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma). So i scavenged over the 's' and 'o' sections of the selection; did not even think to look for High School Diploma  :facepalm: Anyways, finished off the app and hopefully will get a call withiin the next few months (training starts at the beginning of the year if I remember correctly, so they already have candidates lined up for that round). Anyways, thanks guys for replies and such, glad to see we have a good community on here  ;D
Zerk

Zerkaiya said:
Indeed,  that is what I meant. In Ontario the diploma is referred to an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma). So i scavenged over the 's' and 'o' sections of the selection; did not even think to look for High School Diploma  :facepalm: Anyways, finished off the app and hopefully will get a call withiin the next few months (training starts at the beginning of the year if I remember correctly, so they already have candidates lined up for that round). Anyways, thanks guys for replies and such, glad to see we have a good community on here  ;D
Zerk

Best of luck Zerkaiya!! :)

Back