• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transfer to Scottish Regiment

646bph

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm planning on transferring to the E&K scots and was wondering whether their actual DEU's are with kilts or whether that is the ceremonial dress. Furthermore I have no problem with kilts, but was wondering whether the army will pay for the extra kit, or whether I'd have to buy it myself since I know they aren't cheap.

646bph said:
I'm planning on transferring to the E&K scots and was wondering whether their actual DEU's are with kilts or whether that is the ceremonial dress. Furthermore I have no problem with kilts, but was wondering whether the army will pay for the extra kit, or whether I'd have to buy it myself since I know they aren't cheap.

All issued,

And will be taught when you get there.

dileas

tess

ps, remember to leave behind the lipstick, it will issued when you go out with the lads and lasses....

It's E&K SCOT not E&K SCOTS!  >:(  Essex and Kent Scottish not Essex and Kent Scottishes. Sorry pet peave.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program......

Some of the kit is basically the private property of The Regiment, purchased with the clothing grant or donations from veterans/friends of The Regiment/etc. If you're an a Pte-MCpl, this usually doesn't have an impact. The stuff will appear on your clothing card and be treated as if it were CF issue stuff. Where it has an impact is as a Sgt/Offr. Since some regiments only have so much money, you may be asked to purchase some items (collar dogs, cap badges, etc) so the officers and NCOs don't poach kit that should be available to the troops on loan.

Otherwise, enjoy the haggis and have a blast!

Look on the bright side, you save a bundle on underwear, hope your not allergic to wool..... ;D

Back