• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

trades

Bowne18

Inactive
Reaction score
can anyone tell me a list of trades that are open right now and would be easy to get occupational reassignment into??

Talk to your PSO, they have that information and would be happy to talk to you about it

Try also a recruiting centre for numbers of recruits.  Lots of sig ops and infantrymen are being hired.

http://borden.mil.ca/cfrg/english/BTIM_e.asp  (DIN access only)

click Reassignment List

So long as you have a CF account ( i.e. a member of the CF - a requirement to be eligible for a VOT ;) ) you have DIN access on any CF base in the country...

Anyone ever switch elements?  I was looking at switching elements, rec. office said it was easy once in to do (not sure if I believe that), then I submitted it in basic, they said wait till ur posted out, now its that time.... any stories about it??? or ideas to insert in the memo, etc..>?  Thanks.

...a couple of guys in my platoon did a transfer from Infantry into MARS and ATC during basic training. I'm not sure what they put into the memo or request, but it was granted pretty quickly.

yes, understood.

from Infantry (Army) to MARS (Navy) and ATC (Air Force)

I read the rules on occupational reassignment the other day, so lets hope I get this right.

An occupational reassignment is when you change trades, and you are not yet QL3 qualified in a trade.

No longer can you do an occupational reassignment in basic training like you could before.

To do an occupational reassignment, you must submit in writing your request.  You can submit this request either:

after 30 days into your occupational training (QL3); or

afer 90 days post-BMQ employment.

Once you are QL3 qualified in the trade you joined up as, I believe than you can no longer ask for an occupational reassignment, which means you need to meet the time requirements of LOTP, AVOTP or COTP (or the officer versions of those programs) before you can request an Occupational Transfer.

Please anyone add to this is I missed a point or got something wrong.

Glenn

Hey guys....I'm in school right now, so I dont actually have any time to talk to a pso or get on the DIN, but just to reiterate the first post....does anyone know off hand what trades are in the red right now? 

With a little searching on the CFRG BORDEN ftp site (DIN) you can find all kinds of goodies that will answer any questions you have about what trades are red/yellow/green......

The jobs currently listed on the recruiting website as "in demand" are:

armoured - officer/ncm
artillery - officer/ncm (both field and bird gunners)
avionic systems tech
electro-opto tech (land)
land coms and info systems
marine engineering mechanic
medical - officer
naval electronic sensors operator
naval electronics tech
naval electronics tech (radar)
naval electronics tech (sonar)
naval weapons tech
pharmacy (officer)
signals officer/ncm

What does this mean? I am not to sure. If I were you I would concentrate on appying for something that you will enjoy. Just because the job you want is not on that list does not mean they are not looking for people.

Back