• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trade specific educational requirements

PrettyMaggie63

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to find more specific information regarding educational requirements for specific trades? The reason I ask is that I applied in January for ACOP (second choice)and qualified for the trade, was just waiting for my file to come back from Ottawa, then was informed that ACOP was closed. Disappointing, yes,  but on to plan B. As ACOP was my second choice, and RMS Clerk was my first choice, the file manager suggested we change my application to RMS Clerk. A week later, I got a call from my file manager, as he had been away, and was informed that I didn't qualify for RMS Clerk as I did not have Grade 10 Academic Math. I have my Grade 12 diploma, but most credits are at the  Applied level. When I initially applied I was told I qualified for RMS Clerk. I have decided to start my Math through adult education to get that credit, and have it over half completed in only a week with a mid-term grade of 96.4%. I expect once it is complete, which should be in another week, that my trade will again be closed and I will need to consider others. The information from the Forces.ca website only states the need for completion of Grade 10, or Grade 12, etc, but does not indicate specific credits required for each trade. Is there anywhere I can find this information without having to call the CFRC everytime I am researching a different trade? I know they are very busy and I hate to bother them with petty questions.

Not petty questions Maggie. The pre-requisites are what catch many people when they want specific trades.

For ease of contact, if the specific info you are looking for is not on the recruiting website, contact a recruiter through their web chat. Saves you from trying to get to a CFRC.

Wook

Thank you wook for your response. I have used the live chat several times in the past and found it very helpful. However, I have not been able to access it for approximately the last 2 months as it only says "unavailable due to technical difficulties". Hopefully, it is back in order again soon.

For what it's worth, you shouldn't worry about RMS Clerk closing before you're able to update the CFRC next week.  My wife has just been merit listed for RMS Clerk, and all signs (and info from her recruiting sergeant) point to selections being made sometime in the fall.  We had confirmation yesterday that no deadlines have passed, the trade is certainly open.

No guarantees, but I don't think you're counting yourself out with another week.

Good luck, and kudos for upgrading what you needed to!

astecki said:
For what it's worth, you shouldn't worry about RMS Clerk closing before you're able to update the CFRC next week.  My wife has just been merit listed for RMS Clerk, and all signs (and info from her recruiting sergeant) point to selections being made sometime in the fall.  We had confirmation yesterday that no deadlines have passed, the trade is certainly open.

No guarantees, but I don't think you're counting yourself out with another week.

Good luck, and kudos for upgrading what you needed to!

Congratulations on your wife getting merit listed! Thank you for the information, I certainly do hope it is right. That will give me incentive to work even harder, and faster.

Back