• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tories are solution to CF funding woes

30 for 30

Inactive
Reaction score
I would say a Tory government will almost certainly take power in the next decade, and that there is a good chance such a government would shift the CF to a more warfighting-focused institution. While we will lose some skills with MGS I don‘t think that will stop a future govt from investing in tanks once more. The army will soon no-longer be suited for successful warfighting (OOTW being the focus), but that doesn‘t mean it will stay that way forever.

Why would you possibly believe one political party is any different from the next. They all say what the majority of people want to hear and then when they get to office they realize how things actually are and flip flop on all their pledges. Zero accountability in gov‘t means same shitzen different pile.

Take a look at any conservative party anywhere and you will find that defence concerns are placed high on the list of policy priorities; there‘s no question that a Tory govt in Canada would result in increased CF spending and attention, and I‘m not even a firm Conservative Party supporter. Can‘t do much worse than the Libs, can you?

RNW you can honestly tell me with a straight face that one politcal party is different from the next. They are ALL a bunch of bold faced liars. They all tell us what they want to hear then change their tune.

As an aside, I think everyone can see this as an ironic twist, especially since the vast majority here are more tory-oriented. But the only time that this country has ever funded the forces to an acceptable level during a time of peace was in the 1950s under a Liberal government. The Tories came in towards the end of that decade and since then, the tumble has never stopped.

Somehow, I just can‘t look at a conservative party member with a straight face when they tell me about how they will start spending on the military. They‘ve never done it before, unless we were at war.

The last time the Tories were in power there was far more attention to defence spending than we‘ve seen in the last decade, and while all of the Mulroney government‘s plans were not implemented (new tanks, nuclear subs etc.), major efforts were made, such as the construction of 24 new ships for the Navy (when was the last time this happened), a Tory project that carried on into the Chretien era. I‘m gonna stop defending the Torys now but the bottom line is that only an NDP government would do worse in the realm of defence spending compared to the Libs. To say that there is zero difference between political parties once they take power is just plain cynical, though I can certainly understand people who‘ve lost some faith in the process. But come on, the notion that a conservative government would spend more on defence than the Libs have in the last decade is a completely realistic, probable and logical assumption.

Back