• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tip for feet required

Knuckles

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem where the tips of my toes are tearing up from running. I used to run 5 times a week and have now reduces it to two and still have the same problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, and just so no one has to go there, I cut my toe nails on a regular basis.

Thanks

Maybe your shoes are too small?  You should get fitted at a proper athletic store.  I know at Sports 4 in Ottawa, they size your feet, watch you walk (to check your gait) and then recommend size and/or type of shoe.

Any local Running Room will also advise you on proper footwear.  Just check yellow pages for the nearest location.  But is does sound like your shoes are too small.

Thanks for replying

That might be it, cause my last pair were some nike shox Nz's and I loved those shoes. I wanted the exact same model so I went out looking for them and guess what? they're only available in the states and they won't ship here. Whatever, I'll go down to NY later this month and try to score me some down there.

ciao

Knuckles said:
Thanks for replying

That might be it, cause my last pair were some nike shox Nz's and I loved those shoes. I wanted the exact same model so I went out looking for them and guess what? they're only available in the states and they won't ship here. Whatever, I'll go down to NY later this month and try to score me some down there.

ciao

Try Ebay

http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Nike+NZ%27s&category0=

E-bay is where I've been buying my shoes... no good for shoes you've never tried before, but I buy a new pair every six months or so at generally anywhere from one-third to half the price I pay in the stores, even with shipping included...

Your shoes are most likely too small, like the other posters said.  What will happen is your foot will expand as you run, more so if your're doing 10K plus runs.  So if you normally wear for example a size 11 you should go up a half size or maybe even a full size.  As for Ebay, I wouldn't recommend purchasing a pair of shoes you havn't worn before...always best to test them out first. 
3VP and PMed have the idea here...the running room has stores everywhere across Canada and they do a good gait analysis and fitting.
(or you can check out any other dedicated running store depending on where you're from)

*note: having worked at the running room previously I can say that Nike doesn't make the best quality shoes...try some of the other brands (aasics, new balance, saucony etc.)  you'll probably be surprised at how much more comfortable they are (albeit a little pricier).

Back