• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tinnitus

StevenPeece

Inactive
Reaction score
A lot of people suffer from Tinnitus and I have tinnitus too. I got it after suffering a severe head injury some years ago.

The hard part is that you have to learn to live with it.

However, The following is chinese medicine and works for me:

Put your index finger on your earlobe and push the lobe over your earhole. Keep your index finger on the lobe. Next, take your next finger and tap 36 times in succession on the finger that's holding the lobe over your earhole. It will sound like the beating of a drum.

This action stimulates the middle ear and helps to slow down the ringing in your ear. Don't ask me why they say 36 times, they just do. Do this when your tinnitus is loud or at least 2 times a day.

It may not work for you, but it did work for me.

Another unexplainable thing I found is that my ears ring more after I drive long distances on the motorway at speed. And also after using a mobile phone.

Cheers

Steve

Keep watch for the development of Meniere's Disease. They don't know the cause but I had plenty of noise exposure with the CF on the range and from the engine noise, and I know have it.  I assume it was your exposure to firing range noise or similar that you damaged your hearing.

I also have tinnitus and it's definitely annoying.  Mine gets worse when I'm tired or sick.  I haven't found any correlation between driving and increased noise. 

There is treatment for it which many people say helps them but mine isn't severe enough, I believe, to warrant it...yet.  Hopefully mine won't get any worse. 

Is yours related to hearing loss as well?

Ensure you report this in your periodic health examinations.  If it results in some permanent impairment it is crucila that there be an adequate paper trail for future coverage by the CF.

Back