• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Timeframe help

patrick206

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, after around 6 months i've finally been able to schedule my aptitude and physical tests for two days from now. Since it is early August and just starting the process in your opinions do you think I'll be done in time to make fall training?

thanks in advance

Regular or Reserve Force?

If "Yes" to Reserve, are you currently speaking with a unit recruiter that says they have openings for the fall?

If "No" to the above question, or "Yes" to Regular Force, go to this thread - Trades OPEN / Closed ?

patrick206 said:
Hello everyone, after around 6 months i've finally been able to schedule my aptitude and physical tests for two days from now. Since it is early August and just starting the process in your opinions do you think I'll be done in time to make fall training?

thanks in advance

Hi Patrick,

Are you applying in the Reserve or the Regular?

Anyways, no one can really tell you if you'll be in BMQ for the fall or later. It all depends on the time your process will take and the openings in the trade you have chosen.

You should speak about this with your recruiter  :nod:

Alea

Sorry to not mention that i've applied for the reserve forces. I was also told that there are still spots for fall but filling up fast

patrick206 said:
Sorry to not mention that i've applied for the reserve forces. I was also told that there are still spots for fall but filling up fast

Hi Patrick,

None the less... wether you apply for Reserve or Regular, you still have to go through all the process of background check, personal references, medical exam, interview etc...
The few opened spots fill out rather fast these days and the ones who have a complet process are more likely to be chosen to fill these spots.

Again, speaking with your recruiter to have a better idea of how long this would take is your best option.

Alea

2011 seems about right.

It doesn't matter whether you are joining the Regular Force or Reserves, you will not have all your processing done in under two months from the time you hand in your documentation.  I have seen people take up to and over two years to be processed.  Please read some more of the topics here, as these questions have already been answered, and reasons why given.

You can also look at this topic that covers the question of "Timeframe":

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________

Have you been sworn in yet? If not then you haven't finished being processed.

Stacked said:
That's not true George!

Really??? I would rethink this statement... Not only do I think that for the majority of the people, Mr. Wallace is RIGHT but I have read an incredible amount of posts on this very forum stating that the waiting is very long wether for Reserve or Regular.

I handed in my application June 6th, and was Merit Listed July 16th! I even had to go see my doctors for the medical portion, and have an eye exam!

Indeed, you are lucky.

Although that is probably a rare case. Still waiting 'till 2011 for job openings though :p.

There is nothing rare here to my opinion... as long as your process is not completed... you're not sworn in etc...

All that being said, I wish you to be amongst the rare ones who get in faster than snapping fingers so that you can help decrease the statistics ;)

Alea

P.S.: Oh and by the way, it took the OP 6 months to get aptitude and physical tests scheduled!

Stacked said:
That's not true George! I handed in my application June 6th, and was Merit Listed July 16th! I even had to go see my doctors for the medical portion, and have an eye exam!
Although that is probably a rare case. Still waiting 'till 2011 for job openings though :p.

The "trick" of recruiting is, merit-listed doesn't mean anything unless there's a job offer to follow it!

I had my application, medical, interviews and merit-listed within 2 weeks... but the job offer could be months and months in the making. So, it's fairly accurate to state as George said.

It's unfortunate, but true...

Just an update, I finished all my application things in August and my references were contacted last week. If for whatever reason my application is denied I would get a phone call explaining right?

patrick206 said:
Just an update, I finished all my application things in August and my references were contacted last week. If for whatever reason my application is denied I would get a phone call explaining right?

Patrick,

Again, the best thing to do is follow up with your recruiter if you want to know about anything concerning your process.
Give him/her a call once in while (like once every 2 weeks) to find out your application's status.

Take care,
Alea

Back