• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Indeed!

Losing long-range eyes to Iran, Syria, Israel, Pakistan and China is….not insignificant.
High value, high consequence, low density strategic targets… This will force reallocation of other air defense assets to cover the strategic sites. And then Ukraine can just switch to something else. More hits on stuff like refineries and mass fuel storage.

Ukraine’s strike radius is getting bigger and bigger.

I won’t be surprised when it reaches to the Kamchatka Penninsula…

I was thinking, how long before they spam some drones off a cargo ship or something and hit something totally unexpected like the naval base at Vladivostok or Severomorsk?
Better yet, chat with Poland and see if they want to remind Russia, via Kaliningrad, why the borders around the Baltics shouldn't be trifled with...

I was thinking, how long before they spam some drones off a cargo ship or something and hit something totally unexpected like the naval base at Vladivostok or Severomorsk?

It's probably feasible from a technical standpoint, but unless the cargo ship is identifiable as Ukrainian it could be considered perfidy. I believe the old Hague Conventions still have an article that deals with converting merchant vessels into what amounts to a warship.

Don’t forget Murmansk, Zapadnaya and Skalisty…although that might get a bit dicey…

Also some big-arse piles of coal in/around Murmansk…that would be hard to out out if Ivan the Bear wasn’t careful when he was smoking…

Also some big-arse piles of coal in/around Murmansk…that would be hard to out out if Ivan the Bear wasn’t careful when he was smoking…
Sure, but only if Canada sends Russia the carbon tax bill when those piles start burning.

Sure, but only if Canada sends Russia the carbon tax bill when those piles start burning.
If anything, Canada might consider redirecting the coal it’s currently shipping to China, and helping Russians in the Murmansk Oblast to keep warm next winter…

How do we respond to similar attacks on Prince Rupert and Deltaport?

It's probably feasible from a technical standpoint, but unless the cargo ship is identifiable as Ukrainian it could be considered perfidy. I believe the old Hague Conventions still have an article that deals with converting merchant vessels into what amounts to a warship.
Q Ships...
Besides the cargo ship could theoretically drop floating platforms that then those platforms are used as a launch platform - so a sort of 3rd party transaction...

Q Ships...
Besides the cargo ship could theoretically drop floating platforms that then those platforms are used as a launch platform - so a sort of 3rd party transaction...
Q ships still ran up the White Ensign and unmasked their guns before they fired on U-Boats. It's always been seen as a legitimate ruse to fly a false flag, but not to open fire under it.

I agree that there are ways to do this that might work, your example is one possibility. Another would be to take an old merchant vessel, fly a Ukrainian flag on it but only once it starts launching drones, and use it to conduct long range attacks. Sneaking drones onto a Liberian-flagged cargo ship wouldn't be the way to go.

Now you've done it, half of the people in the forum have started singing.
6w9q3sdqk6b61.jpg

Nope gotta have a meeting Etc and discuss the ramifications on what ever.

Q Ships...

Do the old rules still apply? Flying under a false flag was a ruse de guerre. Opening fire under a false flag was perfidy. Dousing the false flag and breaking out the legitimate colours prior to opening fire was acceptable.

PS .... late to the party.

Back