• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Time to dust this thread off.

Newly updated as of 7 Aug 24

I wonder what the buy back price of an Eryx or Milan ATGM is going to be. It does say Missle Launcher though, so maybe it'll be OK to keep the munitions 😉
No, those rounds are governed under Natural Resources Canada (or whatever they are called this week) and the Explosives Act. TLDR- civvies can’t own them…

Would that be the spent M72s or deactivated Bazookas, for example, that some folks have ?
It was legal to possess arty or explosive launchers before. For example I have seen a 25mm Hotchkiss anti-tank gun for sale in the past for 15k (literally a towed piece of arty). I have also seen a RPG-7 for sale with two 7.62x39 training rounds. That one I actually considered buying as the cool factor was pretty high.

It was the explosive shells themselves you couldn’t possess. The launchers/guns were considered single shot rifles and as such
No, those rounds are governed under Natural Resources Canada (or whatever they are called this week) and the Explosives Act. TLDR- civvies can’t own them…

I jest fellas. When I went through the list and saw what they had listed, I thought it was a tad humorous. Trudeau must be expecting a Wolverine uprising.

It was legal to possess arty or explosive launchers before. For example I have seen a 25mm Hotchkiss anti-tank gun for sale in the past for 15k (literally a towed piece of arty). I have also seen a RPG-7 for sale with two 7.62x39 training rounds. That one I actually considered buying as the cool factor was pretty high.

It was the explosive shells themselves you couldn’t possess. The launchers/guns were considered single shot rifles and as such were non-restricted before.
Thank god they have these new regs. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen convivence stores robbed using crew served weapons, ATR and rocket launchers......

Thank god they have these new regs. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen convivence stores robbed using crew served weapons, ATR and rocket launchers......
It is quite a shock to see a HMG three man crew pull up in front of a grocery store and put the gun into action.....

Make It Stop My Brain Hurts GIF by Monty Python

Dangerous Good Permit…

Individuals no, but companies can get licensed.

Maybe you could fully retire and contract out MH work so you’d need that sort of stuff ;)

Notice how most the stuff banned has no value for anything criminal other than potentially resisting the government? Yet that is the stuff they targeted.

On a unrelated note the RCMP are predicting a decent amount of unrest in the next 5 years to the point the government needs to black out the report. Interesting how that works.

Except the guy with a $5-15,000 firearm is not likely to even be the one causing the problems.
Any PAL holder is a more law abiding citizen than your average Canadian and it makes sense.

1) You basically have to have a clean record to get one, and
2) You are less likely to commit a crime because you have immediate consequences (losing your license and property).

Back