• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Lee Enfields are not semiautomatic so they are safe until the Liberals come for the sniper rifles.

You're kidding! LEs aren't semi-auto ? That explains so much! ;)

No, I get that, so the semi-auto requirement is the first step in the flow chart of confiscation ? I didn't know know if it could start at the detachable magazine and magazine capacity points as well.

You're kidding! LEs aren't semi-auto ? That explains so much! ;)
Yeah, news to me as well. The Liberals had me believing they were full auto assault style weapons.
No, I get that, so the semi-auto requirement is the first step in the flow chart of confiscation ? I didn't know know if it could start at the detachable magazine and magazine capacity points as well.
So far.... No word on if they will confiscated or granparented.

I've noticed a whole different temperature around this this time and maybe JT has too ?

Considering the way this guy lies all the time, I doubt it. He has a schedule, and he needs this to push on with globalist agenda. He'll just spout some more condescending, talk in his quiet tone, that most reserve for talking to children. He's on a time-line and has very little wiggle room. If he can't get it done, they'll put someone in there that can. Every indication is his support from the Laurentien Elites and old party directors is dissipating like smoke in the breeze. He's on his own with his new liberal party and is cultivating his own elitist group of friends. All the ones that recieved million or billions, in trudeau contracts. Well never know for sure, as so much has disappeared, without a trace.
So yeah, he may notice a change in temperature, but I think he'll just crank up the heat, til he's comfortable again. He's getting hit from a number of sides and is hoping for a breather over Christmas break. He may have a few days, but I think he's gonna be busy.

It never ceases to boggle my mind what people will do. The CCFR made a bonehead move. Who in their right mind that that was the right thing to do ?

One also has to understand that the people like Wendy Cukier have exploited/used the Poytechnique massacre to push their agenda of total firearms ban. She is persona non grata in the firearms community. She has worked to criminalize many many hundreds of thousands Canadians.

It never ceases to boggle my mind what people will do. The CCFR made a bonehead move. Who in their right mind that that was the right thing to do ?

One also has to understand that the people like Wendy Cukier have exploited/used the Poytechnique massacre to push their agenda of total firearms ban. She is persona non grata in the firearms community. She has worked to criminalize many many hundreds of thousands Canadians.
Yet people still listen and worship her despite the evidence to the contrary.

I like the one time she showed up to court and tried the same garbage she spouts in public. Didn’t go well for her because court has a actual requirement to prove your statements.

The fact they need to keep beating the dead horse which is polytechnique says a lot about how unneeded these law changes are. I wasn’t even alive when it happened, the laws were drastically changed afterwards, and we haven’t had a worthwhile example since. Hell the internet wasn’t even a thing when it happened. Its like arguing for better car safety laws with a crash report from 1989.

It was over 30 years ago, stop dancing on the graves of the dead (not forgetting that some pro-firearms people were also killed in that massacre). Just let it go already.

I've noticed a whole different temperature around this this time and maybe JT has too ?

Given the hilarious and public incompetence of the amendment I'm left wondering if this was laziness/arrogance, Chiang gone rogue, or a pretty clever and low effort way of re-anchoring the discussion so that he (JT) can "consult," walk back "someone else's" incompetent and over reaching legislation, and try to appear understanding and magnanimous while the real target (let's say, semi-auto centre-fires with detachable box originally marketed after 1965) gets banned.

Given the hilarious and public incompetence of the amendment I'm left wondering if this was laziness/arrogance, Chiang gone rogue, or a pretty clever and low effort way of re-anchoring the discussion so that he (JT) can "consult," walk back "someone else's" incompetent and over reaching legislation, and try to appear understanding and magnanimous while the real target (let's say, semi-auto centre-fires with detachable box originally marketed after 1965) gets banned.

Who knows. JT isn't known for adjusting his arcs.

My conspirator mind thinks that this was all designed to embarrass the conservatives due to the anniversary of the massacre at Polytechnique. The PMO couldn't be this Machiavellian could they?

Who knows. JT isn't known for adjusting his arcs.
Maybe he is realizing what he has to lose. For example in my riding the Liberals beat out the Conservatives by 247 votes last election. A significant amount of people have firearms licenses or have firearms in the home in my riding. If I was my MP I wouldn't be counting on this being my job after next election because I don't know anyone who owns a firearm who isn't pissed.

This isn't just going after scary guns like AR-15s, there is a lot of firearms affected, guns owned by people who are primarily hunters, etc. For example one guy I know has a AG-42b, he mainly hunts but he bought it back in the 80s. Plenty of other cases of older military semi-auto designs being owned by hunters, and that isn't even including the younger guys who tend to have more modern designs by choice.

Maybe he is realizing what he has to lose. For example in my riding the Liberals beat out the Conservatives by 247 votes last election. A significant amount of people have firearms licenses or have firearms in the home in my riding. If I was my MP I wouldn't be counting on this being my job after next election because I don't know anyone who owns a firearm who isn't pissed.

This isn't just going after scary guns like AR-15s, there is a lot of firearms affected, guns owned by people who are primarily hunters, etc. For example one guy I know has a AG-42b, he mainly hunts but he bought it back in the 80s. Plenty of other cases of older military semi-auto designs being owned by hunters, and that isn't even including the younger guys who tend to have more modern designs by choice.

I hear you. He's made me a criminal twice now.

The NDP seemingly balking on this have me surprised.

I hear you. He's made me a criminal twice now.

The NDP seemingly balking on this have me surprised.
They get a lot of support from rural ridings.

They supported the handgun ban, its been part of their platform for decades. Its the adding of all the extra bits as amendments not discussed initially they are balking on. I am curious if they genuinely didn’t know and this was a curve ball thrown their way.

Not to mention some interesting financing of her Coalition over the years.

I had a AG-42b, loved it and wished I still had it.

Back in the Adscam years, money was funnelled through Group Action and funding to the Coalition whose Director at the time was a Big Wig in the LPC and likley a portion of that funding ended up in the LPC pockets. The Coalition was basically being paid to tell the liberals what they wanted to hear and is part of the propaganda arm of the LPC. There were other links between the Adscam characters and the Coalition, but can't recall all of it now.

Trudeau miscalculated and is losing on this one. Too much, too fast. He's created a whole new class of firearms supporters, who used to agree with him but now don't. They're the ones that wouldn't stand up when it was just 'assault style rifles' now he wants their hunting guns and they are paying attention. Even if he rescinds it now, people know he'll be back with it as soon as it's re-written. This'll cost him votes. He's lost the trust of thousands who, now, recognize him for what he is. There is also the thousands that don't own guns, many who don't like them. They understand loss of freedom and theft of private property though and they don't like it.

The NDP used to be the "workers" party. They aren't, really, anymore, but recent shifts in voter allegiances in the US might have the NDP thinking how to shift itself before it loses too much of that group. That most likely requires not being hostile towards basic firearms.

Back