• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The current navy uniform

Does anyone know where to find pictures online of Navy combat/work dress and the like? I had just assumed that they wore combats like Army/Air Force counterparts.
thanks

If you cycle through the navy site you will find some pictures:

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/mspa_gallery/gallery_e.asp

Are the submarine coveralls pretty much the same as the air force's jumpsuits?  I think jumpsuits would make a pretty cool looking NCD--add some colourful gloves and the helmet and the ship's company would look like the henchmen from a James Bond film!  ;D

But seriously, my question stands....

Jumpsuits? Flight suits my man, and no, they're not the same. They're fine for sitting down while flying and flipping switches, but god help you if you need to reach something on the top shelf and you want to keep your masculine voice. I prefer the 2 piece flight suits, no soprano singing whenever I put my hat on.  ;D

Cheers

If you think reaching up to put on a hat is bad, try crewing gliders in the things!

Not to be a dink or anything, but I've only flown things with engines, and at that half my total time is turbine. 8) I imagine it's like climbing up on the helos the check out the rotorhead, reaching up, flight suit up your arse, hitting your head on the bloody rotor (my continued intelligence is thanks to the man that thought helmets were a cool idea), and then climbing back down, the whole time your buddies are yelling "Hey Inch, nice arse!" Bunch of jerks. I guess I shouldn't have made fun of them first.  :-[

Cheers

My apologies to the navy types for hijacking the thread. I'm done now.

Well I've never flown anything with engines so we're even, that's for next summer!

Hey Inch!

Pray you never do try and fly without engines!

It doesn't seem to me that it would be much fun! ;D

Oh we practice Lance, Autorotations are great fun, well, with a working engine in case you screw up.  Let's just say I know enough to not kill myself or my crew, I can't say the same for the chopper!  ;D

Which question SI myself and some others pretty much addressed all your points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That and a black woolen beret and a hot sunny day is a horrible thing. I think you army guys should never wear bush caps. Berets only.

HEY MR MP5 your Butt is showing . when you get a bit of real field time you will understand what a Field cap is for . its not only used to keep your head cooler then 60+ c  but also can be used to break up your outline .

:cdn:

I've just heard that we can be issued with the tropical whites, rather than purchasing them for optional wear.  Is this true?

That is correct. The only part of the uniform you have to buy is the tunic.

Howdy

as far as I know the tunics are a dark navy blue

as fro high collar whites those are not issue you have to buy those your self most people buy them at the United States PX . if you wan you can get one done at a tailor made  of a more appropriate material. it's my understanding that to the Americans the high collar whites are a winter uniform called (winter whites).
as for cad pat i have to be about a foot away just to see the the rank on the shoulder lol ;D

Howdy yourself. How about filling out your profile a bit more so we know who we are dealing with. :)

as far as I know the tunics are a dark navy blue
Sure look black to me.

as fro high collar whites those are not issue you have to buy those your self most people buy them at the United States PX . if you wan you can get one done at a tailor made    of a more appropriate material. it's my understanding that to the Americans the high collar whites are a winter uniform called (winter whites).
as for cad pat i have to be about a foot away just to see the the rank on the shoulder lol ;D
Most people who want them order them through Clothing Stores. The tunics are made here in Canada. The USn only wears their whites in the summer or in a tropical area, never in the winter. As for cadpat having rank of their shoulder I believe your are mistaken as any example I have seen always has it on the front.

axeman said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That and a black woolen beret and a hot sunny day is a horrible thing. I think you army guys should never wear bush caps. Berets only.

HEY MR MP5 your Butt is showing . when you get a bit of real field time you will understand what a Field cap is for . its not only used to keep your head cooler then 60+ c   but also can be used to break up your outline .

:cdn:

We where a baseball hat for a reason. I was using sarcasm to show that us "wearing baseball hats" too much is a stupid statement. Like the "bush cap comment". Cheers "Axeman"

Pencil Tech said:
At the risk of enraging you salilors, I think you navy guts wear those ball caps too much   ::). Especially when you see a ship leaving or coming into port and you're all lined up on the deck, it would look better if you wore your white tops or at least berets, IMHO!   :salute:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Here Axeman- I'll show you what I was refering too. Now I believe both pencil tech and I were joking around.

OK i apologize for my comments then . i now understand where your coming from . its kinda hard to follow a conversation when its posted over a while .

Ex-Dragoon said:
If you cycle through the navy site you will find some pictures:

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/mspa_gallery/gallery_e.asp

I noticed on one of the pictures that one of the members appears to be wearing a Tilley hat?  I gather headgear is rather informal at sea...  (Curious, as I'm applying for the Navy...)

T

Navy has issued Tilley hats since GW1...awesome piece of kit and more practical then a ball (black) cap or a beret.

Back