• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Capital Punishment Debate

Should it be brought back?

• Total voters

Michael Dorosh

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned the execution last night.  Interesting to see Schwarzenegger now has the power of life and death over people, literally.  Reading some of his clemency documenation in this and other cases shows ho much thought is given by the governor in these cases.

On another note, still waiting for the update to this site:

http://www.deadmaneating.com/dmearch.html

Really kind of eye opening, reading the "facts" behind each case and some of the depraved acts committed.  Why people would go and protest the deaths of some of these guys is beyond me - like the guy who stabbed his wife to death with a screwdriver through the window of her car - while their 10 year old son sat in the passenger seat - because she asked for a divorce.

If I had a dollar for every time someone on death row or a life sentence "found god".....

Why people would go and protest the deaths of some of these guys is beyond me - like the guy who stabbed his wife to death with a screwdriver through the window of her car - while their 10 year old son sat in the passenger seat - because she asked for a divorce.

Yup. Idiots.  People will crusade anything.

Justice 1   Murderers 0
Better luck next time   :blotto:

Just in case anybody missed the story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/13/williams.execution/index.html

Death did not come quickly for Stanley Tookie Williams, the co-founder of the violent Crips street gang who was executed by lethal injection early Tuesday for the 1979 robbery murders of four people in Los Angeles.

Witnesses and prison officials said Williams appeared to grow impatient as prison staffers searched for several minutes for a vein in his muscular left arm.

No it didn't. It should have came 26 years ago.

I find it interesting, that he continued to deny his guilt right up to the day of his execution.

Now if only Canada would bring back the noose for our criminal elite.

have a nice drop Paul Bernardo, Clifford Olsen et al!

To anyone reading this thread, I think it would be appropriate to take a moment of silence to reflect......

.....on how wonderful it would be if Canada still had the death penalty as an option.

Remember the innocent victims!

Sh0rtbUs said:
I find it interesting, that he continued to deny his guilt right up to the day of his execution.

Yes, you would expect to him to suddenly confess at the end. :rofl:

GO!!! said:
Now if only Canada would bring back the noose for our criminal elite.

have a nice drop Paul Bernardo, Clifford Olsen et al!

Yeah, Good Idea. we wouldn't have had to pay off David Milguard either.

I especially liked how the media listed all the celebrities and fans trying to save tookie but strangely no one took the opinions of the familly and friends of his victims. Or the news clip of the lady calling Arnold a killer. I believe the only killer involved was the one going for a dirt nap.

And as a side note, why do they sterilize the needles used for lethal injection?Worried about a law suit?

And hey, where were all of those anti-death penalty activists when Timothy McVeigh was executed?

;D

All executions are equal, but some executions are more equal than others?

Tom

rifleman said:
Yeah, Good Idea. we wouldn't have had to pay off David Milguard either.

Yeah, killing him and Guy Paul Morin would have saved us so much trouble. Too bad we don't have the death penalty and an expeditious system, or they'd have got them and these guys too:

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/depts/clinic/wrongful/exonerations/cruz.htm

Guilty, innocent, bah - we should be teaching our citizens, by killing them, that it's wrong to kill. Draco would be proud. Then we can engage in unprotected sex with our teenage population to show them, once and for all, that safe-sex is the way to go. After that, we'll forcefully abort a bunch of pregnancies to show all the women out there that pro-life is the proper choice. As for punishment, we should deal drugs to drug dealers and sell our bodies to prostitutes... or something along those lines.  

Astounding reasoning, truly.

Simple mathmatics, what does a criminal fear a)incarceration
                                                              b)monetary fines
                                                              c)community service
                                                              d)their own death

I support the death penalty if there is clear-cut guilt (ie: Bernardo).  No use keeping this garbage around.

SHELLDRAKE!! said:
Simple mathmatics, what does a criminal fear a)incarceration
                                                              b)monetary fines
                                                              c)community service
                                                              d)their own death

None of the above; the death penalty isn't a deterrent.

The needle is sterilized in case of a last minute reprieve.  It has happened where the needle was in the criminal's arm and the execution has been stayed.  They pulled out the needle and sent him back to prison.  It only makes sense to avoid an infection that would cost taxpayers money in these cases by paying for the modest expense of a sterile iv needle.  Besides which, I don't think you can buy iv needles any other way.

Michael Dorosh said:

A deterrent is a society which espouses, down to the individual citizen, the responsibilty and duty to be capable of repelling threats to their well being.  The death penalty, or any punishment, shouldn't serve primarily as a deterrent, it should serve as retribution from society.  If someone has committed acts so heinous that they are to be kept out of society for the rest of their lives, perhaps the gallows is a fitting end for them.

They shoot rabid dogs, don't they?

Michael Dorosh said:

You are right - the death penalty is NOT a deterrent. 

It does, however, eliminate the possibility of repeated offences - without the need to feed, clothe, house, educate, and amuse these idiots for the rest of their natural lives.

Back