• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The CADPAT Answer

Northern Touch

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got back from being kitted today and for those of you wondering if you are getting CADPAT or not...

YOU ARE.

EVERYONE is being issued CADPAT now.  Infact, I even recieved a CADPAT bivy bag if you can believe that.
The only way you will be issued the old OD's (and it happened to 2 guys being kitted with me) is if they are out of your size in CADPAT.  Then you will be issued the old uniforms.  And WOW, I never thought there was THAT much kit. :eek:

I was supposed to get my kit this saturday but i have a wedding   :mad:  Do you have a tac vest or webbing?

When do you get kitted? Before you are sworn in?After?Or when you go to the base?Or when you pass all your tests?

Da_man said:
I was supposed to get my kit this saturday but i have a wedding   :mad:    Do you have a tac vest or webbing?

one step at a time..... you start with webbing people who have been in for many many years still haven't seen or used a tac vest

Lebanese Canadian said:
When do you get kitted? Before you are sworn in?After?Or when you go to the base?Or when you pass all your tests?

you are kitted usually before you leave to go on your course...

however there have been incidences when you might not  get kitted until your course.

You will never be kitted before your sworn in.

Tpr.Orange said:
Da_man said:
I was supposed to get my kit this saturday but i have a wedding   :mad:    Do you have a tac vest or webbing?

one step at a time..... you start with webbing people who have been in for many many years still haven't seen or used a tac vest

I was doing some work at the QM at my armoury and they had recived boxes full of brand new tac vests and my name was on the list, so you never know  8)

The tac vests, i all depends on the unit.  I just finished my BMQ, and am leaving next friday for my QS, so my unit gave me a tac vest. 

Other friends who have been in for a few years dont have theirs yet.

Cadpat comes in three sizes..
Too big
Too small
F-ing lucky.
Please don't tell me you guys are getting tac vests in Le Belle province first. It must be a Liberal trick to keep you from voting Bloc.

BOOMER004 said:
Please don't tell me you guys are getting tac vests in Le Belle province first. It must be a Liberal trick to keep you from voting Bloc.
I wouldn't be surprised. ;)

34 and 38 are the most common sizes... and guess what sizes didn't come in my store's shipment? Yep.

And I don't know why my stores are STILL insisting that we have to be done our trades course..... :-\

And TacVests for recruits????? I think i'm in the wrong unit.

the rumor (or possibly joke) that I heard about the tac vests is that they have arrived, but they cannot be issued yet.  The reason for this  is that when the new sock system was issued, some people got blisters because they were not "properly briefed". So now they have to give us saeftey lectures and  briefings before we get them.

spacelord said:
the rumor (or possibly joke) that I heard about the tac vests is that they have arrived, but they cannot be issued yet.   The reason for this   is that when the new sock system was issued, some people got blisters because they were not "properly briefed". So now they have to give us saeftey lectures and   briefings before we get them.

They come with a nice color manual.. looks like they didnt even bother reading it.

I wouldn't vote Bloc if you paied me.  And yup, I got my Tac Vest tuesday....in all its CADPAT glory!

I much prefer it to my webbing.  I'm just curious as to where im supposed to put my rain gear, plate and cup.  It lacks a larger pack like the webbing butt pack.

Lost_Warrior said:
I'm just curious as to where im supposed to put my rain gear, plate and cup.   It lacks a larger pack like the webbing butt pack.

There's a small pack system for it but no one has it yet. :-\

p.s. you're not a recuit, are you? recruits with tacvets would make me angry.

Newbies with Tacvests, excellent. The moe is getting silly.

I don't know whether to agree, or to cry. I would only hope that every TRAINED soldier in an operational field unit (Reg Force) has it by now. I doubt it.

Oh well, I did 16 years with webbing, why start with a TacVest now. It would only make me soft.

Al

I can't wait to see troops with the OD combats and a CADPAT LBV.Oh ya with a CADPAT floppy hat. I just went and voted, can you guess who didn't get my vote?

Back