• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

We never really have a problem getting uniforms.  All cadets were sized and orders sent within two weeks.  If Logistik Unicorp (uniform supplier) is back ordered on an item, the order will wait until it is complete.  If units are waiting a year to get a uniform....well, then their is a problem.

regards

PV

I would just like to say I've been on backorder for about 2 years.  All the units want their very own Burrows :p

Actually, I'm waiting for some size 11 boots ordered 2 years ago february.

Wow........thats horrible. 2 years? Wow.......last time I needed uniform parts I went to supply gave in the old, and walked out with the new. 2 years....... :eek:

I'm pretty sure they forgot about me.  Cleary they don't know who I am.  ;)

Of course Herr General. It shall be corrected, immediately!!! ;)

Funny thing is, I know for a fact we just got some new size 11's in about 4 weeks ago......they just don't like you I guess. Then again, who does? ;)

Its tough being a general.  Would you believe I'm still wearing my MCpl rank because they haven't given me a single stripe yet?

Longest I have had to wait for something was 5 weeks and that was for a new pair of pants.

Kyle Burrows said:
Its tough being a general.   Would you believe I'm still wearing my MCpl rank because they haven't given me a single stripe yet?
Of course Herr General........I'm sure thats the reason why..... ::)

Personally, only thing I had to wait for was my first ever overcoat because they didn't have one small enough to fit me. Well, they had one, but it was without a liner.....other than that, walk in, give them the old, get the new, walk out. Go 51 and our huge stockpile of uniforms!

The only overcoat I have is trenchly.  I love it though.

The "trenchy" IS the over cooat.....so i don't see how there could be more than one (suggested by your saying that ...the only over coat you had...)....unless one had multiple overcoats...anyhoo, i love mine.....I Hear they are quite rare these days haha.....

Alas, the good ole trench coat that looked so much better than the current military snowboard jacket, is issued no more.

PV

I'll fight to the death before they take my trench.

I have mine, they didn't want it back, but its too small for me now, and it was decreed the next 51 cadet who wore one would have their ranks taken as they were disobeying a direct order to the effect that as soon as you were issued the new coat to no longer wear the old one. :( I miss my overcoat.......so warm, so nice, so much better looking. I do like the cut of the new liner though, think it looks awesome without a tunic on. And it was difficult to properly salute in the old one. But I still miss it....... :crybaby:

It is not unauthorized.....you can still wear it....CATO wise that is.....

Yes, but CO's can set policys that are more restrictive than the CATO's and mine has chosen to do so in the intrest of uniformity. I can't say I blame him, it does look better when we are all dressed the same. And as I said, it don't fit. Chest is 4" too small and it's 3" too short so the arms are way out there.....

EDIT: Because I'm too lazy to make a new post, CATO's are up. Air Cadet Service Medal is now the lowest medal in the order of precedence for Air Cadet Medals. Its coming.......and fast.

Hold on.  Let me get my helmet.

:warstory:

There we go.

Nope.

*hits condor in knees with a tree*

Feel that? ;D

*jumps up and flies away. Drops hockey stick on burrows foot*

Tsk tsk tsk. Gotta do better than that Burrows.

Don't make me get out the flak cannon.  :fifty:

Back