• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 1 year at st-jean before RMC

A

Agamemnon

Hey my younger brother is planing on going to st-jean to do hes 1 year prep for the RMC.But no one has the aplication papers ...

would you know where he could go pick them up?

thanks,

Aggy

You can either apply on line or pick up the application forms at your local Recruiting Centre.
Why doesn't your brother apply straight to RMC?

Hehe in Quebec..we finish highschool at 11th grade..then we have cegep (2 years) before university...by going to st-jean he can apply to RMC direcly after 1 year

Agamemnon said:
Hehe in Quebec..we finish highschool at 11th grade..then we have cegep (2 years) before university...by going to st-jean he can apply to RMC direcly after 1 year

Actually (in theory at least) you only need a year of CEGEP before you can attend the RMC (or pretty much any non-Quebec university, from what I understand). The only difference is if you decide to not finish at RMC (for any reason) and you only went to St-Jean you have to go back to CEGEP before going to any Quebec university as you won't have a DEC (Diplome d'Etudes Collegiales).

BUT, if your brother wants to attend RMC and go to St-Jean first, he should go to the recruiting center and ask about applying for PFOR as a junior. It's actually the same form as the RMC application one, but you check "PFOR (Junior)" instead of "PFOR (Senior)" (senior being someone who's going straight to RMC) in one section.

I don't think you can go to St-Jean as a civilian, and then apply to RMC.

If your brother decides to join, he will likely be sworn into the CF in late June, and head out to St Jean in mid august, as an Officer Cadet.  The campus is located at the old CMR campus, and he can either take arts, or a general (science/engineering) program.

If your brother decides he doesn't want to continue after Prep Year, he can quit with no obligations at all.  A few Quebeckers opted for that route on my course.

Here is the Prep Year website:
                        http://www.cfsj.forces.gc.ca/faculty/engraph/home_e.asp

Recruiting Centres should be helpful in filling out the correct forms, but just request ROTP Junior.

Cheers

If you're from Quebec, straight out of high school, with no CEGEP done yet, they automatically send you there. I got sent there but still filled out the exact same paperwork as any other ROTP applicant. You apply to the program, not as a senior, not as a juniour, you just apply. They decide what to do with you once you're accepted.

thanks guys...i sent my bro downtown :p

anythign else?

Whats the youngest you can be to apply for RMC's Prep Year? Do you go after you finish grade 11 (Ontario)

RMC is a registered University.  You are looking at the same rules you would find for applying to any University in Canada, more or less, remembering that it is a CF run institution.

GW

Alex252 said:
Whats the youngest you can be to apply for RMC's Prep Year? Do you go after you finish grade 11 (Ontario)

You have to be 16, and I do believe you need Grade 11 or a High School Diploma.

The prep year was primarely there for quebec students because before univeristy we have o od 2 years cegep but our BAC degree is only 3 years...in the rest of Canada you have 11 years of highschool and direct university ( i think) and a 4 year BAC.

its kinda to prepare quebec students for university in one year but students from all over canada still go there.

Frederik G said:
You have to be 16, and I do believe you need Grade 11 or a High School Diploma.

Gr 12 or Sec IV and the following courses:

http://www.rmc.ca/admission/requirements/prep_coursereq_e.html

Back