• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanksgiving Recipe Contest

Years past

Turkey-stuffed with wild rice, onions, celery and dried breaded crumbs. Melt 2 table spoons of butter and saute onions,celery and bread crumbs
           add a very small pinch of seasoning salt. Stuff the turkey loosely, remaining stuffing to cook in separate sealled pan. Turkey to roast in
          pan uncovered basted regularly with drippings. When turkey cooked let sit on counter for 10 to 12 minutes before carving(make sure dogs 
          are out of the house)

Potatoes- peel and dice into 1 and half inch pieces. Drop into boilling water for ten minutes or so. Remove and mix with a couple tea spoons of oil.
                 Place in roasting pan with turkey.

Carrots-peel,slice, steam, then cover with a mixture of brown sugar and melted butter

Parsnip-peel,dice and boil. When soft add butter and mash, top with cinnamon.

Salad-tossed
Dessert- pumpkin pie. I cheat and use pre made crusts. One can of condensed milk, one egg and a can of spiced pumpkin pie filling mix well and
             place in pie shell. Bake according to box directions. Let cool and cover with whipped cream.

This year will be at the range so it will more than likely be snickers bars and coke.

military granny said:
Hey BBJ who did you pick as the winner of this? Did I miss it posted some where?

I was wondering the same thing MG.  BBJ is keeping everyone is suspense...

"and the winner is...."

(insert drumroll here...)

I have to agree with PEA....

except I drove to HitorMrs for her turkey!

She can cook.. HoM has picked a winner.

I have been remiss.  It is Niner Domestic.  If she will PM me with her shipping details the prize will be on its way!  Cash to the RCR Hospital Pack Project tomorrow Morning!

Thank you for the reminder!

Hey I just found this thread but after reading it could there be any doubt as to the winner?  Well done 9er, well done.  (that's not something I say very often! LOL)

Congratulations, 9er!  And to you, BBJ, thank you!  :cheers:

What a lovely surprize to find after driving in from NS! (Lord knows I need a very stiff drink now after 2 days on the road with dogs and hubby in a teeny car...haha). I hope everyone's Turkey day went well and thanks for the BZs.  BBJ - info incoming. 

While down in NS, I got the ladies from the WREN Assoc to start planning a fundraiser to provide funding for the wounded kits. 

Well, niner,
as an idea about fundraising, why not a tombola where the winners would get
to sit in a supper made by you and some of your friends?

Just have to put the recipie of the thanksgiving near the person
that sell the tickets, and you will be submerge by people :)!

Back