• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tatto Parlour Recommendations (merged)

GIJANE

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good shop in Winnipeg that will tattoo on hands/fingers ? I have a bad one on my finger i want to cover up but the guys in Brandon won't do it >:(..i've had it 9 years and it's time for a change, besides it looks awful (it was a home job)

Jane

The guy that does mine said that hands and feet will not hold ink very well, fades a lot, certain colors especially.  I think it might be a pride thing. Doesn't want something "not perfect" going out of his shop.  Probably just this guy though.......kind of.......odd 8)

Tattoo's for the Individual on Portage Ave.  It's in the yellow pages.  A lot of good things going around about that place.  There's also Sole Survivor's on Osborne.  Keep in mind there are a few dirty parlours kicking around the city too.

Do not go to "tatoos by strider".........his shop looks like shit and he has no photos of his work and won't let you see any.....

aesop081 said:
Do not go to "tattoos by strider".........his shop looks like shit and he has no photos of his work and won't let you see any.....

Really? sounds kinda dodgy if he won't let you see his work, I'll definitely remember not to go there..

Jane

GIJANE said:
Really? sounds kinda dodgy if he won't let you see his work, I'll definitely remember not to go there..

Jane

I was in his shop for 5 minutes and walked out...........soul survivor on Osborne looked OK.......i'm thinking on getting another one while i am here , le me know how you make out.

Pat

aesop081 said:
I was in his shop for 5 minutes and walked out...........soul survivor on Osborne looked OK.......i'm thinking on getting another one while i am here , le me know how you make out.

Pat

Wheres here?? I want to add to the one on my arm also (also a bad home job)

Jane

Sorry...i'm in Winnipeg right now for about 3 more weeks !

aesop081 said:
Sorry...i'm in Winnipeg right now for about 3 more weeks !

Oh, then were are you going? I don't go to Winnipeg a whole lot so i don't think i'll be getting any ink soon.Just wanted to know so i can plan   :)

Jane

GIJANE said:
Oh, then were are you going? I don't go to Winnipeg a whole lot so i don't think i'll be getting any ink soon.Just wanted to know so i can plane   :)

Jane

I am posted to 423 MH sqn in Shearwater as soon as i am done course here.

Oh how I miss Winnipeg.

I agree with Soul Survivor. I a lot of my friends get there work done there.

9nr Domestic said:
Oh how I miss Winnipeg.
I agree with Soul Survivor. I a lot of my friends get there work done there.

:( aww where are you now??

Jane

Here in Brandon, there is a shop called Warlock tattoo. I got my first tattoo there and was very impressed. They had a crapload of pre-done art to choose from. Additionally, each tattoo artist there had his own art portfolio up near his cubicle/work area for you to look at. One guy seemed really good at doing more flagrant drawings, while another had a darker, more gothic style and so on.

The tattoo artist who did mine explained everything he was going to do in great detail, before he did it. While he was doing the tattoo he explained everything as he was doing it. Afterwards, he gave me the tattoo goo stuff and told me how to take care for it and to keep the bandage on for a few days etc to prevent infection. If any part of my tattoo faded, he would do a free touch up.

Funny thing is, due to my dry skin (I have mild eczema) a very small part, about 1/3 of a cm long, little discolouration appeared in the maple leaf (I got a red maple leaf with "Made in Canada" underneath). I went back 2 months later and showed him and he coloured it in for me free, and you wouldn't tell I had the colour added in because he really took his time to make sure it blended. Even stayed past his work shift to make sure he did it right.

The shop itself was extremely clean. The work areas were very sterile, and before/after every tattoo they sterile the place, don new gloves, wash the utensils they can reuse in pharmaceutical grade disinfectant etc.

I heard that they have a Warlock tattoo in Winnipeg and that it is better. I haven't been able to confirm this but if there is, I would highly recommend checking it out.

edit: Sorry, a bit tired today. By the "guys in Brandon" did you mean Warlock or those guys in the downtown area near 6th street or something? (forgot their name).

Steve said:
Here in Brandon, there is a shop called Warlock tattoo. I got my first tattoo there and was very impressed. They had a crapload of pre-done art to choose from. Additionally, each tattoo artist there had his own art portfolio up near his cubicle/work area for you to look at. One guy seemed really good at doing more flagrant drawings, while another had a darker, more gothic style and so on.

The tattoo artist who did mine explained everything he was going to do in great detail, before he did it. While he was doing the tattoo he explained everything as he was doing it. Afterwards, he gave me the tattoo goo stuff and told me how to take care for it and to keep the bandage on for a few days etc to prevent infection. If any part of my tattoo faded, he would do a free touch up.

Funny thing is, due to my dry skin (I have mild eczema) a very small part, about 1/3 of a cm long, little discolouration appeared in the maple leaf (I got a red maple leaf with "Made in Canada" underneath). I went back 2 months later and showed him and he coloured it in for me free, and you wouldn't tell I had the colour added in because he really took his time to make sure it blended. Even stayed past his work shift to make sure he did it right.

The shop itself was extremely clean. The work areas were very sterile, and before/after every tattoo they sterile the place, don new gloves, wash the utensils they can reuse in pharmaceutical grade disinfectant etc.

I heard that they have a Warlock tattoo in Winnipeg and that it is better. I haven't been able to confirm this but if there is, I would highly recommend checking it out.

edit: Sorry, a bit tired today. By the "guys in Brandon" did you mean Warlock or those guys in the downtown area near 6th street or something? (forgot their name).

I went to Adam's (?) the one on 6th your thinking of, i never made ot to Warlocks, someone mentioned not liking them but i might drive by tomorrow, i got a piercing done at Artistic on 1oth but they shut down (not for bad reasons) i would have liked to have gotten my tattoos there (i know someone who worked there) but i'll give Warlocks a try i guess.

Jane

Primal Art on Osborne is awesome, I had 2 done there.
Really good work, and the shop looks like a dentists office too.

I just recently moved to Stoon from Wpg - if I was still there - I'd go to Soul Survivor...

I checked them out - they are clean, friendly, and have lots of samples of their work.  Also - they are one of the leading companies pushing for licensing of body mod shops, as well as invoking at least city-wide training and hygiene standards.  Anyone who cares that much about their profession's public image, hygiene, and standards is A-OK in my books.

tlm.

CDN Aviator said:
Do not go to "tatoos by strider".........his shop looks like crap and he has no photos of his work and won't let you see any.....
Is tattoos and piercing now and they are cop calling rats.

buzzard said:
Is tattoos and piercing now and they are cop calling rats.

What a bizarre comment.

The shops in Dauphin do hands. Its where I got mine done.

If you're planning on getting a tattoo in Winnipeg, I'd call ahead or if you're in the city, take a visit to the shop because some shops can have an extensive wait before you can get an appointment.  Just a word to the wise.  But on the whole, there's 3 or 4 different shops (like Soul Survivors or 187 Ink to name a couple) on Osborne St between River Ave and Confusion Corner that you can stop by in.  If you were looking to shop around, that's where I'd advise going cause you can hit up a few within 3 blocks.  . 

Back