• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

tactical vest

And that's why I have an Oregon Aero BLSS in mine..I will never look back (until my RSM forces me to)

I heard a rumour that one or two of the forward thinkers in DLR are trying to get those to be issued for the helmet.  A bunch of folk posting here have them Jay4th and some of the other guys on TF1-06 maybe be able to shed light.  My TC 2002 had then from factory -- but my CF Gallet has them (now) - its just still in Afghan with a buddy.

I guess I should not be so hard on DLR -- predominately they mean well.  However I beleive the CF needs a RFI system for units to IOR purchase items prior to deployment -- and NOT to keep handing them off so they only have them in theatre -- not only is that a steep learnign curve - but kit is not designed to spend 24months+ in theatre -- it just wont last -- it like troops need a break

With these BLSS kits, what is the amercian equivalent to our helmet for ordering purposes?  Methinks I needs that very much.  Thanks guys.

The systems that fits the USGI Kevlar will work -- for the suspension system you can either zap strap the system together (since the CF one is a 3 pt screw setup as opposed to the 4 on the USGI)  - or drill a hole in the front of the helmet for a NVG plate (I decided that the continual falling off of the helmet mount was more dangerous to me than the odds of a round coming thru the 4mm hole.)

Infidel-6 said:
However I beleive the CF needs a RFI system for units to IOR purchase items prior to deployment -- and NOT to keep handing them off so they only have them in theatre -- not only is that a steep learnign curve - but kit is not designed to spend 24months+ in theatre -- it just wont last -- it like troops need a break

Yup. DND can't really compete with the private sector except maybe in materials R&D, which is where they should  be spending their (our) money.

Back