• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tactical Armoured Patrol Vehicle - RG-31, LAV Coyote, and (partial) G-Wagon Replacement

I would really love to know where this urge to be a third rate municipal police department came from ?
The divide between regular and reserve seems to this outsider to be even more pronounced then it is then the rest of the CF.
That divide I mentioned, verges on utter contempt.
I would have thought an actual war like Afghanistan would have woken up a few people in the headshed and changes would have been made .

Helmets on:

There was a time when MPs used to man traffic control points (TCPs) during road moves. The MPs were also supposed to be the ones involved with PW handling.
Truth....
And would dash ahead and sign all the routes and significant points on route.

Just a small detour. Did you know that there are regulations under the Canadian Geneva Convention Act that mandates tribunals for the determination of whether or not a given detainee is entitled to POW status? Legal officers are involved in that as the tribunal and back in the early 1990s for our annual summer field exercise the ResF legal officers in Prairie Area ran an exercise for all the RegF and ResF legal officers in the West to learn and exercise how to do that. We employed some MPs as the investigating members.

(I'd bet dollars to donuts that no one has done one of those exercises since then)

🍻

And would dash ahead and sign all the routes and significant points on route.

Just a small detour. Did you know that there are regulations under the Canadian Geneva Convention Act that mandates tribunals for the determination of whether or not a given detainee is entitled to POW status? Legal officers are involved in that as the tribunal and back in the early 1990s for our annual summer field exercise the ResF legal officers in Prairie Area ran an exercise for all the RegF and ResF legal officers in the West to learn and exercise how to do that. We employed some MPs as the investigating members.

(I'd bet dollars to donuts that no one has done one of those exercises since then)

🍻
First I’ve heard of this. But I’m not surprised nothing ever happened.
It’s not shiny and doesn’t make big noises

Back