• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tac Vest in the Winter

Q.Y. Ranger

Inactive
Reaction score
I just have a question about how winter training is conducted with the Tac Vest. Because webbing leaves your back and chest uncovered, there is still room for a lot of white. But now that the Tac Vest covers both the front and back of your upper body, is there anything new that is being done. I thought that with that much green in the winter, it would stick out. Just curious, thats all.

Mike

as you know, we are never totaly white. Green upper body is still essential in covered areas, because white upper body is only good in uncovered areas.

Use white gun tape, the same way you cam anything else you want white in the winter.

I've seen people tie strips of white mine tape to the tac vest to break up the pattern during the winter; I've also seen people wear the winter cam cover as a cape, but this is more for hilarity than actual use.  ;D

Mickey said:
I've seen people tie strips of white mine tape to the tac vest to break up the pattern during the winter; I've also seen people wear the winter cam cover as a cape, but this is more for hilarity than actual use.  ;D

Well, when have you seen a perfectly white area(with the exception of an open feild?) So like was said, most of the time you are only whites on the bottom.

Man i so HAVE to do that cape thing...I just watched BASIC the other day, I want to make a cape like Samuel Jackson uses in there. Maby make a cut down the front of a poncho, it would be so funny, yet so cool..... :warstory:

"Samuel Jackson winter cam capes. They'll hide your sorry ass good! You might even fool an enemy or two, beeitch!"  ;D

I overheard some reservists down at fort york armouries, talking about the new winter whites having openings in the front of the tunic so that you can access your gear in your tac vest. Or if I'm wrong I think it would be cool to have a winter tact vest, just white and black. So if you wanted to,then you could switch your vests. I.E. open terrain- Winter whites and winter tac vest. Forest Terrain- Winter Whites UNDER your tac vest. :cdn:

Are you suggesting the CF can afford to give the Army not only a new bloody Tac Vest, but a "Winter" Tac Vest.....? seems a bit far fetched to me considering some Units don't even have all of their members equipped with the Tac Vest (they still have good ol' webbing)...

Caleix

M. Sparks said:
I thought that with that much green in the winter, it would stick out.
Do you think we should have an Arid Tac Vest too?

MCG said:
Do you think we should have an Arid Tac Vest too?

...we already have Arid CADPAT LBVs; and someone mentioned Arid Tac Vests coming down the pipe on another thread....

There is a picture of an Arid Tac Vest floating around.

If you look at the photo of the 3 guys posing in the 3 types of cadpat, loom carefully at the guy in arid, he has an arid tacvest.

Its in the poster that shows the 3 guys on this webpage.

http://www.consoltex.com/pages/products/protection/military.aspx

......It looks that way.......wonder how many have actually been issued out.......

Caleix

Caleix said:
......It looks that way.......wonder how many have actually been issued out.......

Caleix

The company probably has only made a couple for presentation to the CF regarding their Cadpat product line up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CF never buys them.

When you were the Tac Vest over the full winter whites, it works relay well when you are moving through the trees. At night it is even better, when you are in the woods, or at the edge of the tree line you are hard to see from about 15m (depending on movement and moonlight).

just my $.02

NL_engineer said:
When you were the TV over the full wights, it works relay well when you are moving through the trees. At night it is even better, when you are in the woods, or at the edge of the tree line you are hard to see from about 15m (depending on movement and moonlight).

just my $.02

Who was the TV?

What are wights?

How many guys does it take to make your relay work well?

Shoot, and here I was wondering what I was missing. I thought you guys were talking about some new characters from an Elmer Fudd  cartoon I had missed....I was looking forward to them :eek:

Back