• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

All day today, I have been getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (white page) when attempting to view Navy.ca

Tonight I remembered this thread and thought to check Army.ca (and other ghost sites).
The solution works, but just to let Mike know one of the sites is down.

kratz said:
All day today, I have been getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (white page) when attempting to view Navy.ca

Tonight I remembered this thread and thought to check Army.ca (and other ghost sites).
The solution works, but just to let Mike know one of the sites is down.

This was happening the other day but with army.ca. See Mike's explanation above. These are all mirror sites, with the same content just different colour backgrounds. If one doesn't work, just use one of the other two. They will be identical in content and layout.

If I understood what Mike was saying.

Thank you Mike.    ;D

E.R. Campbell said:
Army.ca will not load ... all I get is a blank, white screen. I'm posting this from Navy.ca, which does work, as do Milnet and Air-Force.  :'(
It is doing this again.

Getting the same issue, trying to login using windows 7 and google chrome.

Sorry, it's fixed now. Same problem, the cache goes bad for one site and causes it to crash. It's a bug in the forum software unfortunately, and one that sounds like it will be fixed in "a future release."

I'm so accustomed to navy.ca that these shades of green on army.ca remind me of a heavy sea state.

kratz said:
I'm so accustomed to navy.ca that these shades of green on army.ca remind me of a heavy sea state.

Just as long as you don't puke on your keyboard, you should be able to satisfy your addiction.

kratz said:

You can always go with milnet.ca it has a nice grey colour.....

Not sure what you're playing with, Mike but today I have seen a difference in font size, colour, etc.  The only one really bothering me is the font being black on green when typing a post.  Hard to read.

Does anyone else have an issue with the main screen, with the quotes on the right side?  Since the font upgrade, the centre box on my main screen (the one with the thread names) now takes up most of my screen and cuts off half of the quotes box.

Things have changed. I fear change.

Looks good Mike.

PMedMoe said:
Not sure what you're playing with, Mike but today I have seen a difference in font size, colour, etc.  The only one really bothering me is the font being black on green when typing a post.  Hard to read.

Yeah, that's me. I think I've changed it so that now the textboxes take on a greyish tint when they lose focus. Should be easier to read than that dark green!

Dimsum said:
Does anyone else have an issue with the main screen, with the quotes on the right side?  Since the font upgrade, the centre box on my main screen (the one with the thread names) now takes up most of my screen and cuts off half of the quotes box.

The quotes look OK to me at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on things. Thanks for the heads up all!

Quote from: Dimsum on Yesterday at 02:07:13

Ditto here

Is this happening in Internet Explorer? I sort of see it there, but only when I scrunch the window up to a small size.

I authorize you to go get a bigger monitor to resolve the problem. :)

(Kidding aside, I will look into it... shouldn't be too hard to make the thread titles wrap...)

Seeing a lot of "server temporarily unavailable" and 'server busy trg again' messages when trying to access the site, log in, show new replies to posts, etc the past few days.

Yup, something is off kilter............the 'load' is at heights right now that would have crashed it totally before the new server upgrade.

Eye In The Sky said:
Seeing a lot of "server temporarily unavailable" and 'server busy trg again' messages when trying to access the site, log in, show new replies to posts, etc the past few days.

I have been seeing the 'server busy trg again' msg around 0400 MST, Not sure if it is the maintenance schedule or not....

Larry

Back