• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Syrian Refugee Crisis (aka: Muslim Exodus and Europe)

tomahawk6 said:
How would Canada handle a migration of 15m Americans ?

I would rephrase this as " How WILL Canada handle a migration of 15m Americans." The refugees from Latin America (which will increase drastically as the effects of climate change are increasingly felt)  will continue to push north, and much of the US is vulnerable to the effects of climate change as well. Canada is ideally positioned to weather the storm and unless we're willing to pony up our water (among other things) at incredibly cheap rates it'll either mass migration or actual military action. If that sounds crazy, remember that until World War 2, both of our nations had contingency plans for war. You get someone like Trump in office in a time of resource scarcity and Canada is finished.

WOW!....That was quite some leap you just made there.  The "Global Warming" card and predicting mass exodus NORTHWARD.

That, and he seems to think Donald Trump would declare war on Canada.

Peter Hitchens sums up the attitude of many Europeans on why "enough is enough" and why they should NOT take refugees. The veil of silence that PC attitudes has drawn across many contentious issues is being ripped away by reality, and I'm sure we will be hearing a lot mor of this argument before long, even in Canada:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3223828/PETER-HITCHENS-won-t-save-refugees-destroying-country.html

PETER HITCHENS: We won't save refugees by destroying our own country
By PETER HITCHENS FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 23:50 GMT, 5 September 2015 | UPDATED: 01:37 GMT, 6 September 2015

Actually we can’t do what we like with this country. We inherited it from our parents and grandparents and we have a duty to hand it on to our children and grandchildren, preferably improved and certainly undamaged.

It is one of the heaviest responsibilities we will ever have. We cannot just give it away to complete strangers on an impulse because it makes us feel good about ourselves.

Every one of the posturing notables simpering ‘refugees welcome’ should be asked if he or she will take a refugee family into his or her home for an indefinite period, and pay for their food, medical treatment and education.

If so, they mean it. If not, they are merely demanding that others pay and make room so that they can experience a self-righteous glow. No doubt the same people are also sentimental enthusiasts for the ‘living wage’, and ‘social housing’, when in fact open borders are steadily pushing wages down and housing costs up.

As William Blake rightly said: ‘He who would do good to another must do it in minute particulars. General good is the plea of the scoundrel, hypocrite and flatterer.’

Britain is a desirable place to live mainly because it is an island, which most people can’t get to. Most of the really successful civilisations survived because they were protected from invasion by mountains, sea, deserts or a combination of these things. Ask the Russians or the Poles what it’s like to live without the shield of the sea. There is no positive word for ‘safety’ in Russian. Their word for security is ‘bezopasnost’ – ‘without danger’.

Thanks to a thousand years of uninvaded peace, we have developed astonishing levels of trust, safety and freedom. I have visited nearly 60 countries and lived in the USSR, Russia and the USA, and I have never experienced anything as good as what we have. Only in the Anglosphere countries – the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand – is there anything comparable. I am amazed at how relaxed we are about giving this away.

Our advantages depend very much on our shared past, our inherited traditions, habits and memories. Newcomers can learn them, but only if they come in small enough numbers. Mass immigration means we adapt to them, when they should be adapting to us.

So now, on the basis of an emotional spasm, dressed up as civilisation and generosity, are we going to say that we abandon this legacy and decline our obligation to pass it on, like the enfeebled, wastrel heirs of an ancient inheritance letting the great house and the estate go to ruin?

Every one of the posturing notables simpering ‘refugees welcome’ should be asked if he or she will take a refugee family into his or her home for an indefinite period. Above, well-wishers greet migrants off a train in Frankfurt

Every one of the posturing notables simpering ‘refugees welcome’ should be asked if he or she will take a refugee family into his or her home for an indefinite period. Above, well-wishers greet migrants off a train in Frankfurt

Having seen more than my share of real corpses, and watched children starving to death in a Somali famine, I am not unmoved by pictures of a dead child on a Turkish beach. But I am not going to pretend to be more upset than anyone else. Nor am I going to suddenly stop thinking, as so many people in the media and politics appear to have done.

The child is not dead because advanced countries have immigration laws. The child is dead because criminal traffickers cynically risked the lives of their victims in pursuit of money.

I’ll go further. The use of words such as ‘desperate’ is quite wrong in this case. The child’s family were safe in Turkey. Turkey (for all its many faults) is a member of Nato, officially classified as free and democratic. Many British people actually pay good money to go on holiday to the very beach where the child’s body was washed up.

It may not be ideal, but the definition of a refugee is that he is fleeing from danger, not fleeing towards a higher standard of living.

Goodness knows I have done what I could on this page to oppose the stupid interventions by this country in Iraq, Libya and Syria, which have turned so many innocent people into refugees or corpses.

But I can see neither sense nor justice in allowing these things to become a pretext for an unstoppable demographic revolution in which Europe (including, alas, our islands) merges its culture and its economy with North Africa and the Middle East. If we let this happen, Europe would lose almost all the things that make others want to live there.

You really think these crowds of tough young men chanting ‘Germany!’ in the heart of Budapest are ‘asylum-seekers’ or ‘refugees’?
Refugees don’t confront the police of the countries in which they seek sanctuary. They don’t chant orchestrated slogans or lie across the train tracks.

And why, by the way, do they use the English name for Germany when they chant? In Arabic and Turkish, that country is called ‘Almanya’, in Kurdish something similar. The Germans themselves call it ‘Deutschland’. In Hungarian, it’s ‘Nemetorszag’.

Did someone hope that British and American TV would be there? I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: spontaneous demonstrations take a lot of organising.

Refugees don’t demand or choose their refuge. They ask and they hope. When we become refugees one day (as we may well do), we will discover this.

As to what those angry, confident and forceful young men actually are, I’ll leave you to work it out, as I am too afraid of the Thought Police to use what I think is the correct word.

But it is interesting that this week sees the publication in English of a rather dangerous book, which came out in France just before the Charlie Hebdo murders.

Submission, by Michel Houellebecq, prophesies a Muslim-dominated government in France about seven years from now, ushered into power by the French Tory and Labour parties.

What they want, says one of the cleverer characters in the book, ‘is for France to disappear – to be integrated into a European federation’. This means they’d much rather do a deal with a Muslim party than with the National Front, France’s Ukip equivalent.
If any of this sounds familiar to you, I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s amazing how likely and simple the author makes this Islamic revolution sound.

Can we stop this transformation of all we have and are? I doubt it. To do so would involve the grim-faced determination of Australia, making it plain in every way that our doors are open only to limited numbers of people, chosen by us, enduring the righteous scorn of the supposedly enlightened.

As we lack the survival instinct and the determination necessary, and as so many of our most influential people are set on committing a sentimental national suicide, I suspect we won’t.

To those who condemn reasonable calls for national self-defence as bigotry, hatred and intolerance (which they are not), I make only this request: just don’t pretend you’re doing a good and generous thing, when you’re really cowardly and weak.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3223828/PETER-HITCHENS-won-t-save-refugees-destroying-country.html#ixzz3l0MIKJty
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I saw a video yesterday where police tried to give bottled water to refugees.Since the boxes had red crosses on them,they refused the water !!

tomahawk6 said:
I saw a video yesterday where police tried to give bottled water to refugees.Since the boxes had red crosses on them,they refused the water !!

This video:
https://www.facebook.com/WeThePeopleHaveHadEnough/videos/311224489001777/

and this one:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/05/watch-footage-emerges-of-refugees-abusing-police-throwing-food-and-water-away-onto-train-tracks/

(YouTube seems to be removing this video of the Water Incident)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9tTOkAgEAI

I liked this Peter Hitchens article from the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3223828/PETER-HITCHENS-won-t-save-refugees-destroying-country.html

Actually we can’t do what we like with this country. We inherited it from our parents and grandparents and we have a duty to hand it on to our children and grandchildren, preferably improved and certainly undamaged.

It is one of the heaviest responsibilities we will ever have. We cannot just give it away to complete strangers on an impulse because it makes us feel good about ourselves.

Every one of the posturing notables simpering ‘refugees welcome’ should be asked if he or she will take a refugee family into his or her home for an indefinite period, and pay for their food, medical treatment and education.

George Wallace said:
(YouTube seems to be removing this video of the Water Incident)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9tTOkAgEAI

These are perfectly good able young men who left their country, like cowards, to hide in Europe while the international community has to fight and in some cases die for THEIR country. Why do all these middle-aged men have iphones, designer clothing, and expensive shoes and haircuts? If they're so poor, tired, and hungry, why are they complaining, destroying, and rioting over being housed in refugee centres and hotels? They aren't refugees, they are invaders, they refuse to fight for their country and run from responsibility. Fuck them.

Many of the migrants who survived the boat trip across the Mediterranean Sea are crossing through Greece and other Balkan countries to first-world EU countries such as Germany and the UK.

Many of these refugees are actually from war-torn countries like Syria, Iraq and Libya. But ironically the rich Gulf Muslim states like the Saudis and Qataris aren't willing to take in refugees themselves.

BBC

Migrant crisis: Why the Gulf states are not letting Syrians in
By Michael Stephens
Royal United Services Institute (Rusi), Doha
5 hours ago

Images of Syrian refugees stuck at borders and at train stations, not to mention the harrowing picture of three-year-old Alan Kurdi lying dead on a Turkish beach, has spurred on an outcry for more to be done to help those fleeing the war.
Particular anger has focused on the Arab states of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and the UAE), who have kept their doors to refugees firmly shut.
Amid the criticism, it is important to remember that the Gulf states have not stood by and done nothing for Syria's refugees.
They have, and the generosity of individuals has at times been quite remarkable.

(...SNIPPED)

Some of the sentiment expressed online:

11921966_1032284723469042_6253304607024063484_o.jpg

There is a lot of commentary floating about in the media suggesting that this (Syrian) refugee crisis, or the next one or the one after that, can "destroy Europe," or, at least, shred the fabric of what Europe thinks it wants to be like: tolerant, open, generous and free of the petty, nastier aspects of nationalism. But waves of immigration, since around 1950, have challenged Europe's beliefs in and about itself ~ and America's and Australia's and Canada's, too. The nasty aspects of nationalism (and racism) are on the rise in Britain, France, Italy, Central Europe and in Scandinavia and, yes, in Canada, too. Some immigrants, not the majority, not even, I suspect, a large minority, but some, are unwilling or find it very, very difficult to shed the trappings of their "old country" cultures and "fit in" to the social construct that many (most?) Europeans believe (only hope?) they have made for themselves. Many Europeans (and Americans and Canadians, and, and, and ...) are ready for the siren song of the extremists from both ends of the spectrum: the "Europe for the Europeans!" (racist/nationalists) faction, and the "Your Standards Don't Apply to Me, Because My God Says Something Different" gang, too. Faux liberal values that excuse or insist that we tolerate behaviours that plainly unacceptable in the mainstream of society are part of the problem.

I don't know what the solution is, but, in my opinion, it includes being tolerant of the beliefs and customs of others that do not offend our societal norms. It, the solution, includes celebrating secularism in all official aspects of our society ~ there is room for religion in religious schools, for example, but not in the public schools. Head scarves (hijabs), even niqabs and burkas, are fine, but the niqab and burka may not be allowed when testifying in court or swearing an oath. Genital mutilation is never "fine," it's a crime (sexual assault or assault with the intent to inflict bodily harm, I guess ~ I'm not a lawyer) that must be punished under the Criminal Code. Parading up and down the streets demanding that everyone convert to Islam or else is fine, too - doing something, anything, to enforce that is not acceptable ~ nor is it acceptable to try to convert Buddhists to Christianity.

Tolerance is elastic, but not infinitely so.

nationalism and racism are not synonyms.  I am a proud Canadian and yes I am a WASP as well.  Having said that, I work with, share a beer with, laugh and cry with dozens of folks who are not white, speak English with most peculiar accents, go to different places of worship etc.  The one thing we all have in common is statement one: we are all proud Canadians and came here to achieve a better standard of living and because of the values that our society offers.  These are values that are being destroyed from within by people who are willing to change them so as not to insult a minority who don't wish to be Canadians.  Instead they want to be hyphenated Canadians and that doesn't work.  I am going to be very intolerant.  There is no room in any country for compromise if that country wishes to remain a unified entity.  We can be and should be acceptant, we should be loving and generous and we should reach our hands out to any who want to come here and become what we are.  Canadians.  Our freedoms are ours precisely because of our religious background, for example.  With the exception of a few Greek states 2000 years ago, democracy has is a construct of the predominately white, western Christian world.  Even though most land masses are in possession of an equal amount of natural resources it was the white, western Christian world that achieved prosperity for most of its citizens and made it possible for all the malcontents to eat and sleep in relative comfort (our poverty level would make many of my acquaintances in Kenya green with envy) while still complaining bitterly about their misfortune in life.  All without the risk of getting shot, whipped, or sprayed with water cannon. 

By all means possible we should be trying to provide a safe haven for those unfortunates who are caught up in Assad's war.  We should also be trying to stamp out ISIS and that means all out war, boots on the ground and convoys down the highway of heroes.  I don't believe our nations are willing to pay that price.  There may be many who are willing in theory but their involvement would only go as far as paying someone else to go and then reacting in fury when the CBC shows the result of a single stray shell.  In both Iraq and Afghanistan we won the war but lost the peace.  Many of the Allies there were only committed as long as their troops were not involved in actual combat areas.  Iran is another failure (the product of compromise).

Incidentally, our military suffers from neglect precisely because of our compromises.  Standing up for what you believe is expensive and we generally are not willing to pay the price.  Or sadly, maybe we no longer believe at all 

A workable solution holding action:

This is not a solution to Assad and Putin but it is a solution to more Alan Kurdis.

Jordan is arming and supporting a buffer zone inside Syria held by Syrians against Assad.

Now do the same on the Kurdish side - just exactly as was done in Iraq while Saddam was in power - and disregard the Turks and their sensibilities.

And while we are at it, arm and support the Ukrainians against the Russians that aren't there either.

Daily Telegraph

An answer to Syria’s predictable disaster

Jordan is quietly carrying out the one policy that might stem the tide of refugees fleeing war

By David Blair 8:01PM BST 07 Sep 2015

It seems another age, but during the first eight months of Syria’s civil war, only 20,000 refugees fled Bashar al-Assad’s domain. By a cruel irony, that is exactly the number Britain alone is now preparing to accept.

The raw figures betray how the flow from Syria has become a tidal wave. At the end of 2012, there were 400,000 refugees; one year later, 1.5 million; by December 2014, the total reached 3 million; today, there are 4 million refugees in neighbouring states – and 6.5 million within Syria itself.

Such is the wreckage created by Assad’s struggle to subdue his people – and the fanaticism represented by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil). Given that so many of Syria’s 20 million people have now been driven from their homes, who can be surprised that thousands are heading for Europe? This was surely the most predictable refugee crisis in modern time.
Now that the tragedy is upon us, two stark lessons should be drawn. The first is that leaving events in Syria to take their course – which was, in effect, the choice made by those who doggedly opposed any form of armed intervention – amounted to a moral failure, with baleful consequences.

We have it on the authority of Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP leader, that Syria needs a “long term political and diplomatic sustainable solution”. Perhaps she missed the Arab League peace plan, proposed within months of the outbreak of war in 2011, only to fall foul of Russian and Chinese vetoes at the United Nations Security Council.

Ms Sturgeon might also have overlooked the Kofi Annan peace plan of 2012, also blocked by Russia and China. Then there was the Annan Two peace plan, which Assad simply ignored, while Russia supplied him with weapons and Iran sent Hizbollah fighters to keep him in power.

In retrospect, there was only one course of action that might just have averted today’s tragedy – and done so at a time when Isil barely existed and Syria had produced fewer than 20,000 refugees. If the Western powers had told Assad to accept the Arab League peace plan in 2011 or risk an intervention that would have guaranteed his downfall, then Ms Sturgeon’s “political and diplomatic” solution might have stood a chance.

But she did not urge this at the time; instead, she would have marched in the streets to prevent it from happening. Instead of accepting the cold reality that diplomacy only works if supported by a willingness to use force, Britain’s “anti-war” campaigners now urge Britain to accept more refugees fleeing a catastrophe our inaction helped worsen.

This bring us to the second lesson: pay attention to the countries which have been forced to live with Syria’s agony from the very beginning.

Almost unnoticed by the Western world, one neighbouring state, Jordan, has managed to stem the flow over the border. In the course of 2013, the number of Syrian refugees in Jordan jumped from 120,000 to 570,000. Since then, the total has stabilised at about 600,000.

How has this happened? Aid agencies attribute the reduction to far tougher border controls – and that is certainly a big part of the explanation. But it’s not the whole story: the number of Syrians entering Jordan illegally, avoiding the established border crossings, is also believed to have fallen.

The reason is that Jordan has armed and supplied a new rebel coalition which now controls a de facto buffer zone in the provinces of Deraa and Suwayda in southern Syria. Here, large numbers of refugees have gathered. Assad’s forces have tried – and failed – to recapture this territory, proving the fighting ability of the insurgents. Crucially, Isil has not yet been able to penetrate this region.

In Syria, this is what counts as success: a buffer zone held by non-Isil insurgents, where refugees can find relative safety without fleeing their country, let alone risking the journey to Europe. With minimal outside help, Jordan has quietly brought this about in southern Syria.

If this approach could be replicated in northern Syria then the refugee crisis might become manageable. That will be far harder, mainly because Turkey has chosen to back the most dangerous Islamists while pounding the Kurdish guerrillas in Syria. But, at this desperate moment, there is no other remedy that might help.

More about the hardening responses that will arise in Europe. Perhaps the Europeans might take a leaf from the post above; ship them all back to become anti-Assad and anti-ISIS militia forces. Numbers do have a quality all opt their own after all:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/janetheactuary/2015/09/killing-the-goose-that-laid-the-golden-egg-or-culture-matters.html

Killing the goose that laid the golden egg, or, Culture Matters
September 5, 2015 by Jane the Actuary

Here’s the latest on the stream of refugee-migrants:  as you may recall, upwards of 10,000 refugee-migrants from Syria as well as elsewhere, had made their way into Hungary and were determined to make their way to Germany, in order to register and seek asylum there, to benefit from Germany’s much-stronger economy; Hungary insisted instead that they register there, as the first EU country that these people had reached, following established rules, and prevented them from boarding trains to travel to Germany.  After protests, demands, and a determined march, not for safety but to seek economic prosperity, Germany and Hungary both relented.  As (misleadingly, but with pictures) the Daily Mail reported, they are now streaming into Germany, in chaotic scenes that are being reported as if these people are at last finding refuge, rather than moving from one safe place to another (more prosperous) safe place.

And countless bloggers, columnists, and news outlets are now reporting the situation along the We Must Do Something template, along with the It’s Unjust Not to Resettle The Refugees As They Wish storyline.  (Remember, only a minority of refugee applicants in Germany in 2014 were Syrians.)  Now the first thing the West Must Do is to decide what its strategy and its expectation is with respect to ISIS.  Do we expect Syria to simply empty out, and do we believe that millions upon millions of Syrians must be resettled somewhere else, permanently?  Or do they need only temporary refuge?  Bloggers and tweeters have pointed to pictures coming from these refugee-migrants en route and arriving in Germany, and have observed that they are a very male crowd.  Are the women disproportionately trapped in Syria?  Or are they safe in refugee camps, but not as keen on making the trek further in hopes of furthering their economic situation?  Or is this further evidence that these are economic migrants from a multitude of home countries, rather than people fleeing warzones?

At the same time, discussion has already begun on the further question of whether the rich Gulf nations should be doing more — or, rather, complaints have been stepped up, while recognizing that these countries, which already treat “guest workers” so poorly (little regard for health and safety, expulsion upon losing a job, and, with respect to poor employees working as laborers, servants, etc., unable to live together as families), are hardly going to bring in others out of the kindness of their hearts.  (See yesterday’s post.)

But here’s the catch:  these Gulf States are wealthy due to their natural resources.  Whether any given national of those countries shares in that wealth directly, they do so indirectly via generous social welfare programs for citizens, national-ization (e.g., Saudi-ization) programs which have the effect of requiring that multinationals hire locals who may or may not show up for work, and other benefits.  But the pie is fixed; for any one of these Gulf States to accept resettling refugees in a Western sense (that is, on terms other than those of guest workers) would mean sharing the pie with more people.

And I’ll state it again:  the wealth of the Gulf States is due to their natural resources, not the culture of the people themselves.  After all, it’s outsiders who do all the heavy lifting of transforming the oil into wealth in the first place, and (with the exception, to a limited degree, of Dubai) there’s little more than lip service given to the question of  diversifying the economy.

But what about Germany?  The economic strength of the country is very much due to its people.  After all, its natural resources are rather ordinary:  the “Ruhrgebiet,” the former economic powerhouse coalmining area, is a powerhouse no longer, and the coal mines have been closed.  It’s got a decent amount of arable land, to be sure, and it’s not devoid of mineral wealth but it’s hardly been the key to its prosperity.  And after World War II, despite the narrative that the Allies had learned from World War I and eschewed harsh reparations, France and Russia dismantled such factories as remained (France in the West, Russia in the East, of course), to leave an already devastated country even more so, until, in 1948, the simultaneous currency reform and Marshall Plan implementation helped them get back on their feet.

Culture matters.  In Swabia, the part of Germany now largely the German state of Baden-Wurttemburg (as well as a slice now a part of Bavaria, including Augsburg, my husband’s hometown), there’s an expression, “schaffe, schaffe, Häusle baue,” which is meant to express, as the Swabian’s self-conception and the stereotype the rest of Germany holds, the key characteristic of Swabians (see here for an English-language piece, or here for a German-language one):  it’s generally translated as “work, work, build a house” and expresses the Swabians’ thriftiness.  But it’s more than that:  the word translated as “work” isn’t really that, “schaffen” means “to make” or “to create” and has more of a flavor of “do something productive” than simply “earn a living.”

Swabia is, by the way, the home of Daimler, maker of Mercedes cars as well as a whole host of other vehicle brands.  And it’s the birthplace of the automobile.

As far as Germany as a whole, I will not claim special competence in describing its key cultural characteristics and how they contribute to its economic success.  But it is clear to me that the culture of Germany is not the same as that of the United States.  And neither is the same as that of Japan (see here for my reading of a book on the topic) or Korea, each of which, with different cultures, took different paths to prosperity (though the long-term prosperity of Japan is very much in question).

It’s practically an article of faith in the United States in 2015 that “diversity is our strength” (I voiced skepticism here), and that we have to respect all world cultures and have a certain understanding of them.  But at the same time, we still gloss over cultural differences, and are too willing to resort to platitudes like “no culture is better than any other” or imagine that “culture” is limited to special foods or music or dance or celebrations, or perhaps recognize differences such as whether it’s polite to be on time or an hour later than the specified commencement of an event, but ignore the way culture is a mindset at a much deeper level.

If Germany admits 800,000 Syrians, or 8,000,000 Syrians, or some similarly huge number, this year or the next, or cumulatively over time, on top of Turks and other Muslims already living in the country, there is a very real issue of assimilation — and already-resident Turks are for the most part already poorly assimilated.  It’s not about their being Muslim, per se, if they were as indifferently Muslim as most Germans are indifferently Christian.  It’s about the sudden arrival of very large numbers of (mostly male) migrants who don’t speak the language and are by and large poorly educated in any language, and who, even if they learn German and become educated (and that alone is a huge task, much bigger than the simple provision of funds and social services), are unlikely to share in German culture.

It’s about more than sharing the wealth, though that’s part of it, as resettlement assistance risks overwhelming German finances.  Especially considering how low Germany’s birth rate is (a steady 1.4 TFR for the past generation), a high rate of immigration (via asylum-seekers or otherwise) will change Germany, and it risks becoming merely a place name, without the culture that built up its economic power.  Should this happen, the migrants who sought prosperity will have killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

IS may have agents within the refugee's and it is their stated goal to carry their war into Europe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11418966/Islamic-State-planning-to-use-Libya-as-gateway-to-Europe.html

The Washington Post reports that Denmark is trying to "warn off" potential refugees by placing this ad (in English and Arabic) in several newspapers in Lebanon:

COS2wKNUcAUfr9C.jpg

10382633_992436180796099_8280495018006622343_n.jpg

This blogger lives in Italy, so is reporting closer from the front lines. It is very interesting to see who the "refugees" really are, and watch the attitudes of Europeans changing rapidly. Not sure when the "tipping point" will happen, but there will be a violent counter reaction at some point (remember that nativist political parties are already strong in Europe because of previous waves of immigration, this only increases their appeal):

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2015/09/invaders-not-refugees.html?showComment=1441755504951

Rent seekers, not refugees

At this point, a lot of Europeans are beginning to think that Vlad the Impaler's solution is the correct one to the violent invasion of Western Europe:

I saw an elderly Italian woman in a car that was surrounded by the immigrants. They pulled her by the hair out of the car and wanted to use it to go to Germany. They tried to topple the bus i was in. They threw feces at us, banging on the door for the driver to open it, spat on the glass. My question is- for what purpose? How do they want to assimilate in Germany? For a moment, i felt like in a warzone. I really feel sorry for these people, but if they would reach Poland – I do not think they would receive any understanding from us.

We spent three hours on the border, but failed to get through. The whole group was later transported back to Italy by the police. The bus is butchered, feces smeared, scratched, broken windows. And this is supposed to be an idea for the demographics? These big powerful hordes?

Among them there were almost no women and children – the vast majority was aggressive young men. Just yesterday I read the news on all the websites with real compassion, worried about their fate and today after what I saw I am just afraid. And I am happy they do not choose our country as their destination. We Poles are simply not ready to accept these people – neither culturally nor financially. I do not know if anyone is ready. A giant pathology is approaching the EU, one which we have never seen before. And sorry if anyone is offended by this entry.

A car with humanitarian aid came. Food and water. They just toppled it and stole everything. With megaphones the Austrians announced a message that there is consensus for them to cross over the border – they wanted to register them and let them go on – but they did not understand these messages. None. And it was all the greatest horror … From those few thousand people nobody understood neither Italian nor English, or German, or Russian, or Spanish … What mattered was the law of the fist.

The media coverage is even worse than you think. Do you know why a lot of those "desperate refugees fleeing the Syrian war" are so well-dressed in relatively clean clothes? Because 39 percent of them are from the Balkans. They're EASTERN EUROPEAN MUSLIMS, they are not from the Middle East or Africa at all, and they aren't fleeing anything except the societies they've already ruined.

About a fifth of asylum seekers to Germany in the first half of the year were from war-torn Syria, giving them a strong claim to refugee status. But about 39 per cent were from the western Balkans and primarily seeking better economic opportunities, giving them little chance of qualifying for asylum.

And, of course, one wouldn't want to offend these poor, helpless, grateful people, so the German girls need to start dressing differently, as one school in Bavaria near a "refugee" shelter has already instructed the parents of its students:

"As our school is in the immediate vicinity, it would be appropriate to wear restrained everyday clothes, to avoid conflict. Transparent tops or blouses, short shorts or miniskirts could lead to misunderstandings. In addition, you are asked to refrain from "direct eye contact, ogling, or photographing. Derogatory or racist remarks can not be tolerated in any way."

This is why the Social Justice ideals of Equality, Diversity, Tolerance, and Progress must be rejected, completely. Because this is exactly where it leads.

A couple of coarse screening strategies:

No wife and kids  - you don't get to cross.

Riotous behaviour - you don't get to cross.

Not from a war zone - you don't get to cross

An older article (July) but this is showing how some places are "dealing" with the situation.

German Girls Must Cover Arms and Legs to Appease Syrian “Refugees”

So many nonwhite invaders from the Middle East have entered Germany over the past few months that a school headmaster in Bavaria has been forced to ask female pupils to cover up their arms and legs—for their own protection against local Syrian “refugees.”

In a letter sent to parents, Martin Thalhammer, head of the Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium in the town of Pocking, Bavaria—which has a normal population of around 15,000—female pupils have been asked to refrain from wearing “revealing clothes” because “refugee accommodation” has been set up next to the school’s gym.

More at link

http://newobserveronline.com/german-girls-must-cover-arms-and-legs-to-appease-syrian-refugees/

Fake Syrian documents are a big business right now.Forged documents endow the bearer with war refugee status.

Back