• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Switching Trades While In The Process

canadianblue

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm already in the process for the reserves, and put down Military Police as my first choice and Infantry as my second. Lately I've been more and more interested in the Infantry, however I've got my interview date scheduled for the 23rd and have already done the CFAT and the Medical. I'm wondering if I can ask to go Infantry first during the recruitment process, or will I have to go with MP if that's what I originally asked for as a first choice. In the end it doesn't matter to me if I go MP, I'll be more then happy to wear a CF uniform, but would like to get the best experience possible.

Thanks for the responses :salute:

PS: Sorry if this has already been covered.

Whatever you decide, don't save it until the last minute to spring it on anyone...We fear change, curve balls upset everyone...

CHIMO,  Kat

Are you merit listed yet? If not talk to your file manager, it shouldn't be a problem. I had to take combat Enginner off my third choice, because of my vision. Even after my tests were completed, and it didnt seem to be a big deal.

cgyflames01 said:
Are you merit listed yet? If not talk to your file manager, it shouldn't be a problem. I had to take combat Enginner off my third choice, because of my vision. Even after my tests were completed, and it didnt seem to be a big deal.

I'm already in the process for the reserves

There is no merit list process for the reserves.

I allready got my service number and conditional offer of employment, but I still have to do the physical fitness test and interview. I'd prefer to go Infantry if I can, the reason why is because in some ways you get to do more then a reservist MP would, and I'd like to test the waters with the infantry.

Back