• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SWAT Original 9" boots - Any "reviews"?

Reaction score
Am thinking about buying a pair of desert SWAT originals for my upcoming tour.  Can anyone tell me how their pair held up to the daily grind (granted I will not "abuse" them to the same extend a grunt will!!)

The pair I tried on seem comfortable :D

FDL  :cdn:

Couple of guys in the office have them, and they say they are great.  They look similar in fit to a Magnum, which is good for people with wider feet, like me.

I wore a pair for a couple months, and they were VERY comfortable.

But this doesn't necessarily mean they're right for you. SWAT boots almost feel more like running shoes than boots. They're softer and have more padding around the sides then Mk IIIs or our issued desert boots and they're also very light. But these days I wear my issued desert boots around camp and wear Mk IIIs with vibram soles on dismounted patrols. Both these pairs are already worked in quite nicely and I like the heavier, more rugged material. Its all a matter of preference I guess. There are a few guys in Force Protection that still wear SWAT boots and love them to death, but they just wern't my cup of tea.

Also keep in mind that these boots won't stand up to wear and tear like your issued ones. When I bought mine the who sold them to me was very clear that SWAT makes a "6 month boot". Like running shoes they start coming apart and wearing down after awhile of heavy use, and just the other day my buddy pointed out how the inside heel of his SWAT boot has worn down to the inner fabric.

In my opinion, for 100$ its hard to go wrong, especially if you're going to spend most of your time inside camp. It just depends on what you like in a boot.

good stuff, i use it for unarmed combat training (civi stuff) with www.underwoodsystems.com. Very comfortable, i like the zipper version saves lots of time. Very good grip, and ankle support. Highly reconmended. I felt that the magnum boot was very hard. I liked the original swat cause It didnt feel like they needed to be broken in.

Take it ez

Alrighty, here's my one month REMF review... I love them. I walk around camp a lot in my job (maybe I should buy that bike.. hhmm...), and so far I think these boots are great for what I do. VERY comfortable, and I find the ankle support is great for walking around on the rocks.. I did my BFT wearing them, and found them to be great. Durability remains to be seem, I'll comment on that later on, but in the first month, they are holding up very well. The soles aren't worn out at all and so far they're holding togethor.. *knocks on wood*.

Loving mine after one month too, so comfy, great traction, good support. Been doing some marching in prep for the DANCON march (25km with 25lbs), and they're head and shoulders above all the other boots I've worn. Ghostwalk makes a good point however, everyone's feet are different and results will vary...

I wear the 9" side zip steel toe model for work (prison) .  They are comfortable and durable, they made it through a large riot, trudging through water, crap, blood, and all sorts of other vile crap for 2 months without a problem. I don't think they would stand up to extended periods in the field though.  They are not designed for that, they are designed for LE.

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I thought I'd just say that after 6 and a half months in the funny country, these boots held up well for me, both walking vast distances around various camps, as well as going out and about. I think I could easily wear the same pair for another tour. They were VERY comfortable, and I didn't have any problems with them whatsoever.

Obviously some trades might put the boots through more of a beating than I did, but for the vast majority they should be great.

Just my $0.02.

These are the best boots I have ever bought. Not because I sell them in the store but because after 6 months no matter how expensive my shoes are from sporting life they are worn out from walking the pony etc. I have worn a pair for over 9 months every day throughout the winter and have not worn them out. They are not the desert pattern but they are worth every penny. They are also great for the martial arts which is mentioned in a higher up post for underwood systems. Can't say enough positive things about them

For an unbiased opinion ask Trinity as he has a pair also, loves them and wears them all the time you see him

Since the thread was re-opened....

After 7 months in Kandahar (both inside and outside the wire), I have to say I never once regretted my purchase of the desert pattern of SWAT.  Bought a black pair upon returning also.  Absolutely love them.

FDL :cdn:

+1

Mine went 7+ months without problems, outstanding boot!

I and several of my coworkers wear this boot. We love them as well.

The one drawback we have found is that the fabric of the boot loves water, and tends to hold it in. Accordingly, the boot is not the best on a rainy day. But on the flip side, They are still very comfortable with a pair of goretex socks on.

They don't take polish very well.

Don't feel very durable either. Basically a runing shoe with high ankles. Quite comfortable, mine are issued, I wouldn't buy them with my own money.

Not to hijack the thread, but I bought a pair of the corcoran desert boots at an American PX a while back... never ended up in any deserts after, so now I wear them regularly... one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I've ever owned... Vibram soles, cambrelle lining, corcoran quality, the lacing goes further foreward towards the toes then most boots on the market... bought some altama jungle boots the other day, was sorely disapointed after being spoiled by the corcoran boots.

Back