• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

support trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathtaylor

Inactive
Reaction score
Are their any Sup Techs out there (CSOR) that can answer a couple of questions, you can PM me if you wish!

Cheers

I"m assuming that you want to go into CSOR in a Support Position an since you are only a Pte(T) you are only QL3 qualified?  To get a support position within CSOR you must be QL5 qualified in your trade. Gonna have to wait awhile before you can apply.

Thanks for your reply I'm actually waiting to be going on my 5's very soon and I've already finished the PT test and medical now I'm just waiting until I get the BPSO interview. The PSO says that there is no problem for me to start the process even before I get my five. My interest with CSOR was when they sent out a email recruitment ad while I was on TF107 and that is when I put in my intent to apply..

Thanks if you have any info of what Sup Techs do in CSOR it would be greatly appreciated

silver said:
I would have to say, mainly the same thing they do everywhere else... they are still supply techs after all. Maybe do some other unique stuff and some parachuting (if you wanna risk being banished to Trenton someday to be a rigger)..?

Some conjecture is being used here, as I am a little outta my lane..

Then... maybe? you don't want to post things you don't know or are unsure of?

Trenton may be home base for the riggers but there is alot more postings nowa days.  All the SAR Sqns, SAR School, Infantry Battalions, Skyhawks and others

As for CSOR if you are a sup tech then you are a sup tech and I don't believe this is the forum to get into details due to OPSEC

Dudes

You may be going a little overboard on this, I totally understand OPSEC but were talking about the job of a Sup Tech at CSOR, assuming that Cathy isn't going to an Assaulter, I imagine ,Cathy, that its just like anywhere else Sup Techs are. You may be exposed to some kit that isn't available to regular CF units, do lots of LPOs and probably have more time for PT other than that.........oh yea, and wear a tan beret.
So I'm pretty sure the job of a Sup Tech at CSOR doesn't fall under OPSEC, what they hand out and are exposed to, maybe, but shes asking legit questions IMHO.

Hey rampage thanks for your post..........appreciate the support!!

cheers

rampage800 said:
Dudes

You may be going a little overboard on this, I totally understand OPSEC but were talking about the job of a Sup Tech at CSOR, assuming that Cathy isn't going to an Assaulter, I imagine ,Cathy, that its just like anywhere else Sup Techs are. You may be exposed to some kit that isn't available to regular CF units, do lots of LPOs and probably have more time for PT other than that.........oh yea, and wear a tan beret.
So I'm pretty sure the job of a Sup Tech at CSOR doesn't fall under OPSEC, what they hand out and are exposed to, maybe, but shes asking legit questions IMHO.

IMHO this has been answered that as a sup tech she will do the work as a sup tech and as with any unit there is stuff that shouldn't be discussed and anything above being a sup tech will be learnt once she is at the unit and I am not "DUDE"

okay Dude....maybe you should fill out your profile a little so we know where you're coming from?

Wow

Wound a little tight tonight hey guys, no worries, wasn't trying to have anybody get their back up, just helping Cathy out..... who cares if my profile isn't filled out, common sense is still common sense.

rampage800 said:
Wow

Wound a little tight tonight hey guys, no worries, wasn't trying to have anybody get their back up, just helping Cathy out..... who cares if my profile isn't filled out, common sense is still common sense.

Filling out your profile enables all of us to more easily determine the credibility of whoever is speaking.  Your profile contains zero - your credibility is zero.

Although I DO live on the West Coast - not many here (including me) appreciate being called "Dude".

Do yourself a favour - fill in some of your profile, and refrain from using terms of endearment guaranteed to raise hackles with most members here.

As for your observations regarding Sup Techs in CANSOFCOM and OPSEC, I'm in general agreement with them - which is why this thread is still here.  For those of you wanting to fill in the original poster regarding her question - just watch the OPSEC, like the rampage800 Dude, I don't see the harm in discussing the general duties of a support trade there.

Roy
Milnet.ca Staff

rampage800 said:
Dudes

It sure does fall under OPSEC.

Now Cathy ... feel free to PM me with your questions ... I'll get you the answers you are seeking.

(And guarantee you that if you do Basic Para -- you'll be doing 'time' in the main rigger shop in Trenton well before you make it out to the SAR Sqns etc)

How's that?

NOW, I'll lock this one up, because the Supply Tech Trade and it's general duties are already discussed in many threads on this site, but that's not what she's looking for -- she's already a Sup Tech. What she is looking for does NOT need to be discussed here.

ArmyVern
The Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back