• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supplementary Reserves to Reg Force question......

jordandixon3

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently in the Reserves, but because of my job outside of the military, I had to put a Memo in to be placed on the Supplementary Reserves.  What my unit told me is that the Supplementary Reserves basicly keeps me in the system incase I ever want to come back to the unit. 

My Question is this, I am not really interested in returning to the Reserves, but I want to apply directly to Reg Force.  How do I do that if I am on the Supplementary Reserves? Can I just go to a recruiting Center and apply, or do I have to return to the Reserve Unit where I started and do a Component Transfer? 

If I have to do a CT, can I have an active CT while on the Supplementary Reserves?
Thanks!

From what says ''DAOD 5002-3, Component and Sub-Component Transfer'', you can just drop by your local CFRC.

I am not too sure about your second question though maybe someone else will understand..

What trades were you looking at?

Cheers and Good luck!

I am in an infantry reserve unit now wanting to go combat eng. In the reg force.  I am thinking my best bet is to go right into the recruiting center and talk to them.

Good for you, i know they are accepting applications right now. I hope you're not scared of explosives ;)

Good luck

Back