• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

subcomponent transfer

RetiredRoyal

Inactive
Reaction score
any idea how to transfer from one component of the reserves to another? Ie air reserves to army reserves. The reg's simply say that you can, can't find a 'how to' or application.

I don't want to start asking my crew chief or warrant because I don't want to PO them. I still need to work here in the interm.

There is I believe a CMP instruction; go to the CMP homepage and look through the instructions.

Just to clarify, a sub-component transfer is not the same as moving to a unit of a different element or changing DEU, which is what it seems like you are describing. A sub-component transfer is a transfer from one of the following sub-components to another:

• Primary Reserves
  • Cadet Organizations Administrative and Training Services
  • Canadian Rangers
  • Supplementary Reserve

Should just be able to find a position at the unit you want to join, and apply for an OT. Are you looking to move out of the city you're currently in?

Found it. It was my terminology that was buggering up my search. It's called a transfer to other environments from the Primary Reserves. I found an Aide Memoire for Air Reserve Career Management Administration dated back to 2000 that describes the process. Heck, didn't  know we had careers, which is why I want a transfer.

It describes the process as fill in the form, name losing unit, name gaining unit send through CoC. 1 CAD will action to gaining unit, etc etc etc.

Thanks for the help folks.

Back