• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stuff in the news. (censured)

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Re: Stuff in the news. censured

Posted by Interested Outsider from Canada on November 09, 1998 at 00:23:29:

In Reply to: Re: Stuff in the news. posted by Jules Deschenes on November 06, 1998 at 17:41:54:

Jules, regardless of what the good cadet may have been trying to convey. Completely shooting him down
and dismissing his preconceptions is bogus itself. Your comments about "animals and morons" is in
itself a degrading remark to anyone that has served or been connected to the Airborne Regiment.
It is widely known that the disbanding of the regiment was 100 politically driven. The catalyst
being a few measley video tapes of hazing ceremonies and the half-hearted investigation into the
goings-on of Somalia.
I cannot attest to being a SME on Mr. Taylor so I will not attempt that endeavour. I do, however,
respect your rejection of profanity on this page, one cannot properly express oneself through the
use of four letter words. I DO however have a problem with this whole attitude of apparent power
tripping that you seem to enjoy with your CIC status. Was it really necessary for you to include
that last line of yours? "Incidentally I‘m a CIC officer and sgt‘s are usually at the level where
they lead by example." Just what exactly are you trying to tell this young Canadian. Are you saying
that since he/she is a cadet Sergeant, that he/she cannot express themselves. I personally take
your message as an afront to my status as a Non Commissioned Member of the Canadian Forces. A comment
like that only widens the gap between NCMs and their officers. Even if you didn‘t mean to insinuate
such an idea, the very notion of you using your CIC rank to subject your will on a 16 or 17 year old
cadet, irks me indeed. Just to settle the score CIC officer type, I am Master Corporal in the combat
arms the real military and I‘ve trained more officers and soldiers alike in leadership and citizenship
skills than you will ever see in your CIC existence. Let the old adage prevail, officers are for management,
it‘s the NCO‘s that lead the men.

OMNIA VERITAS VINCIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back