• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting on April 16th, will I be in time for Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narushima

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have been accepted as an Infantry Officer and will be starting my officer course on april 16th. Do you think i have any chances to go help in Afghanistan before its over or will I miss that?

Thanks!

from what I've read, we have plans on being over there until at least 2009.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/58382.0.html

To sum up, in my opinion, not likely.

Wasn't there an article somewhere about people asking the troops get pulled out by 2009?

So this summer is Phase 1. Language training is a few months at least which will push Phase 2 to either the fall or even summer 2008. Then you do Phase 3 during the year and Phase 4 during the summer of 2009 since it's only offered once a year. They'd have to keep troops over there until 2011 for us to get a chance to go. It's either that or you go enlisted which will surely get you to Afghanistan.

It may not be Afghanistan specifically, but there is always a need of good people willing to do tours of whereever. Astan is the flavour of the day, there are others.

there is a post somewhere on the forum talking about how we are going to extend our commitment beyond 2009, all the way into 2011.
in my opinion we should stay as long as it takes to get the job done. it would kind of make the past years irrelevant if we leave before the job is done.

Thanks alot guys! As for the SLT, I won't need it so it takes some months of training out...phheww :)

Anyway I just hope that when my training is done, I will be able to go help somewhere they need me.

:salute:

narushima said:
Anyway I just hope that when my training is done, I will be able to go help somewhere they need me.
That will NOT be a problem.

You've already posted the exact same thing in another topic....

LOCKED.

The Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back