• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting a Complaint about a Unit/People in the unit

D

D-n-A

I have no idea how to start anything like this, so if anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it a lot.

I'd like to start a complaint(or something) about certain people in my last reserve unit, since it seems like they are trying to f*ck me. They are with holding files from the CFRC I'am dealing with, for months; the CFRC requested my pers file Auguest 22, the unit never responded to their emails or messages left on the machine. I ended up calling the unit every 2nd week about sending my file. CFRC finally ended up getting it on either the last week of October or the first week of November. Now they are dragging their heels on sending out my medical file, been a couple weeks since the request went in an the unit has responded yet. This is really pissing me off, since I'd like to start my career in the reg force ASAP.

Is there anything I can do? If so who do I have to contact?

Thank you

Submit a redress of grievance through your chain of command.

Probably should have mentioned this. I'am no longer a member of the unit(maybe still on paper?). The unit is in BC, an I'm in Alberta right now, and haven't transfered over to a reserve unit here(another head ache I'm dealing with).

For the redress, would I have to write up a memo an send it to my last section commander? An get him to send it up or?

Sorry, I've just never done anything like this an want to make sure I got the process down.

Don't forget to CC (Send a copy to the CFRC) and keep a copy for yourself.  Keep a file, with your copies and dates that you submitted any correspondence.  If your Clerks have failed you, hopefully their supervisors or the Unit CO can rectify it.

Have you called them yourself? Try calling them from the CFRC with the recruiter on the line.

If you haven't transferred to a new unit, you still belong to your old one.  You can't just "be".  Are you on ED&T?  Are you NES?  You must be one of those.  ???
Yes, a redress is a memo.  If you need help, PM me and I'll do what I can to help you. 

I thought the old Redress of Grievance system had gone the way of the dodo and complaints were now handled via the ombudsman?  Or have we once again come full circle?

The redress system was just revamped to try and make it a little more streamlined.  The ombudsman is there as well, and he could very well go that route.  However, I know someone who contacted the ombudsman's office about a complaint and one of the first questions they asked him was if he has already gone the route of a redress.

Ah, thanks for that.  I was a pro at the old system but never got the nuances of the new one.  Luckily I haven't had to!  I thought it odd that the chain of command would be scrapped, glad to hear I was wrong.

Beach_Bum -  I dunno what I'm under, but it shoulden't be NES. I cleared out of my last unit in September, an they were supposed to start the transfer awhile ago(I sent two memos about it, one in March or May, the other in Augest, an I told them about the transfer the last night I was there). I also went to the unit I wanted to transfer to and told them about this, an they hadn't heard anything about the transfer before so one of their clerks was going to look into it.

whiskey601 I've called my last unit a lot over the past few months about them sending my files over.

I'm going to start the memo(sent an email to my ex section commander about it), if that doesn't work I'll contact the ombudsman.

Thanks

I believe beach bum is correct in saying that you are to be going through the chain of command first with the grievence process.  It can go up to the CO of the unit if I am correct in which he passes it on for further investigation.  The ombudsman is there for a last resort sort of if all other processes within the chain of command have been exhausted.  There are a few forms on grievences and the like.  I posted one topic and someone was able to give an example.  Hope this helps and best of luck.

Elisha

Mike L: If you stopped parading at your old unit, cleared out, and have not yet begun to parade with a new unit, or sought ED&T, or transferred to the RegF,you are one of two things: a) you are now a civilian, in which case you cannot file a grievance through the CF grievance system. I suggest you go to your MP;

or b) you are actually still in the Res. Since you did not mention that you had transferred to the SupRes, you are now probably NES, although NES from what unit I cannot tell. Was a transfer to another Res unit ever started?

a) seems most likely based on what you have posted.

If you are NES, your file probably cannot be processed through the CFRC.

I suggest you get your recruiter to talk to the G1 of whatever CBG your old unit was part of. I would expect that the G1 shop could probably sort this out and get it moving again. The unit clerk may be unable to move whatever logjam is in the way of your file. A bit of interes by higher HQ, in my experience, can do wonders.

Cheers.

Back