• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Staring BMQ in July 2007?? Roll Call!!

Darn it, going back to the oilfield in a few weeks.  I hope the recruiters get back to me soon to set up my testing, or it will delay me quite significantly, since I work at least 4 weeks at a time, with one week off.  I was told we only have one job so far this summer, so either I take it, or sit at home until next fall/winter, which then pretty much obligates me to working as long as I can, so I don't lose my posting to someone else.

Canadian2cool said:
hedge if you do get in for that time, ill be there aswell for bmq, and im joining for infantry aswell

Lets face it...you have no idea when you are going to BMQ

I will be at Basic in St. Jean for the 18th of June, and will be training as a Med Tec.  I will be one of the older guys..  See you guys there.

told by the recruiters i'm goin to St. Jean for the 16th of July.  trade is Armoured Soldier.  looking forward to meeting all of you guys!
I'm from Waterloo, Ontario

Have my CFAT scheduled for Thursday. I only handed my papers in on the 27th!
I'm going for Infantry, and July 16th, 5 weeks from now, seems like a reasonable date.
Hope you see you guys there! If not, later on, around the Mega.

I sent mine in beginning of March, and haven't even got my testing dates yet, but they have to do my VFS as well.

CF_Lifer said:
Have my CFAT scheduled for Thursday. I only handed my papers in on the 27th!
I'm going for Infantry, and July 16th, 5 weeks from now, seems like a reasonable date.
Hope you see you guys there! If not, later on, around the Mega.

Sorry Man ... If you haven't done your medical or interview by now your not gonna make the July 16 BMQ . I had all my testing done in March and i got my job offer last week . You're going to wait out for a while yet ... If things go smooth for you your looking at maybe Sept. BMQ.

Hey everyone.

I have my Interview on thrusday the 10th of May and my medical on the 6th of June. Do you think I will be able to make it for July recruitment ?? I am applying as Infantry. Anyways I will check this post tomorrow because I need to start going to be earlyer :boring: Good night all  :salute:

I guess there are two factors Involved which will determine that. Fate (I am a strong believer) and Luck. Getting my yellow belt of kung fu on saturday, so the physical aspect is not going to be an issue. Whereas the sleep or lack there of will be a major issue and I will definatelly have to Improve my cardio, I have been doing runs of 3.5 miles (5.6K) on a treadmill, trying to run 7-8 Mph and using inclination. As we all know a treadmill can hardly mimic a real life 13.5 Kilometer Jog. Anyways I will cross my fingers and hope for the best, GOOD LUCK ALL!!

wow this topic is way off course lol no pun intended i thought this was for people on the July 16Th BMQ ????

on another note "As we all know a treadmill can hardly mimic a real life 13.5 Kilometer Jog."

the 13km that we have to do is with a 40-60 pound ruck sack if ya don't know what that is google.ca it and its a fast walking pace not a jog.

I'm not sure on how far we have to be able to jog i think its 5km but do not quote me on that for i have not done the BMQ yet

Okay thanks because I was under the impression that we were going to have to jog 13 km.. Haha.. Thanks for clearing that up with me. Yeah it did kind of get off topic you are right, I guess it happened because I was just wondering if I would be able to make it for July 16th BMQ. Having my medical on June 6th is making me worry weather I will make it for summertime recruite that is where I got off topic, but It is still (on topic) seeing as it was in reference to the July 16th BMQ. I have my interview tomorrow I will try to get more information thanks though Just thought maybe someone knew how it worked..

As for making it on July 16 BMQ, you will just have to wait and see. The courses fill up quickly from what i understand and they run them a couple times a month, so it wont be long im sure. Maybe not for July, maybe august or september but hang in there, you will get your call when everything is said and done. On another note, your physcial aspect has nothing to do with how quickly you will get sent to BMQ. Those may be some questions to ask in your interview tomorrow and the recruiter will be sure to answer them for you.

Back on topic....

Thanks keebler :salute: I will post a msg in here if I can make it for July 16th. Good luck to you all ;D

i have just received an email from the recruiter's ... enrolment letter the set date for me is June 29Th for the swearing in and July 16Th start date for the BMQ

STING said:
  Sorry Man ... If you haven't done your medical or interview by now your not gonna make the July 16 BMQ . I had all my testing done in March and i got my job offer last week . You're going to wait out for a while yet ... If things go smooth for you your looking at maybe Sept. BMQ.

I have to agree with you only a little bit on that one sting. It all depends on how busy they are at the recruiting center. It has become apparant that some people have waiting a lot longer for their proccess to be complete, where as others simply go one sleep and they're in. It took me almost exactly 4 mos down to the day from the time I handed my papers in until the time I was sworn in. Some people started late april and are already getting sworn in within weeks to come. It depends on how busy they are at the cfrc.

but then again, handing in your forms and just starting your proccess at this time is leaving your chances of getting in for bmq this summer slim. You should have started it months ago just to play it safe.

however I won't play the pessismist here. Good luck to you, and let's hope Sting and I are both wrong  ::)

Yeah, well I handed in my application on Februrary 24th, got my call for my apptitude test last week and passed it this week, have my interview tomorrow night. so like you said they must have been busy, anyhow does anyone know what the average time is from the day you pass your medical to the day the recruitment center gets the information back from ottawa?

Back