• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stalingrad

Michael Dorosh said:
War of the Rats was a fictional account of Stalingrad that came out a couple of years ago.

I thought this book by David L. Robbins was excellent!  I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get an intimate "feel" for the Stalingrad battle.

The Last Citadel
by Robbins is out. Battle of Kursk this time and I have posted a review in the War of the Rats thread for interrested parties.

Three book I very much thouroughly enjoyed:
1) "Fighting in Hell" by Peter G Tsouras. This book is a recollection of four veteran accounts(German). Not so much a story of their battles but chapters divided into for example : German tactics, Air ops,  clothing equipment and rations...etc Very interesting.
2) "Armageddon" by Max Hastings. Once again this book does not discuss so much Stalingrad as much as 1944-1945, the soviet/allied advance into Germany. A great read seeing as you are also able to see how the western front is going as well as the eastern.
3) "Panzer Operations". A Memoire by Erhard Raus, a very talented commander, and by the end of the war the foremost tactician of armoured warfare in the German army. His memories go from Barbarossa- Stalingrad- Kursk-Kharkov- Pomerania. Very good, nice maps, well written.
Anyways that's it Enjoy!

Back