• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spouce Benefits

• Thread starter Sailors_Gal13
  • Start date
S

Sailors_Gal13

Hello Everyone,

I was just curious if there is a web-site or if someone knows about spouce benefits?
Would massage therapy be covered?

Springroll said:
Massage Therapy is covered, but only 80% of it.

Jesus wept!!

"Massage Therapy"!!!!

For WHAT??!!

Forgive my outburst - under what circumstances would the military pay for a spouse's "massage therapy"??

Retired CC said:
Jesus wept!!

"Massage Therapy"!!!!

For WHAT??!!

Forgive my outburst - under what circumstances would the military pay for a spouse's "massage therapy"??

Mine was covered just recently(last year) believe it or not, due to 13 days of driving across the country.
Took 3 sessions and have never felt better.

Make sure you find a therapist who has dealt with SunLife before though, it will make your life easier.

Public Service Health Care Plan site:
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pubs_pol/hrpubs/tb_862/pshcpb-rssfpp_e.asp

Look under heading: Medical practitioners benefits

Extract:
the services of the following practitioners, limited to the maximum eligible expense specified in the Summary of maximum eligible expenses for each practitioner:
physiotherapist (the prescription* is valid for one year),
massage therapist (the prescription* is valid for six months),

Section titled Maximum eligible benefit:
Extract:  massage therapist-  $300 in a calendar year

Gunner98 said:

Extract:
the services of the following practitioners, limited to the maximum eligible expense specified in the Summary of maximum eligible expenses for each practitioner:

Extract:   massage therapist-   $300 in a calendar year

Thank you for posting that.
I was just about to grab it out of the filing cabinet here and type it out...so you saved me some time  ;D

Gunner98 said:

Extract:

Extract:  massage therapist-  $300 in a calendar year

Thanks for squaring me away - for some reason I wasn't even thinking about PSHCP.

There he went - ND of the keyboard, AGAIN.

The massage therapy question was for my husbands classmates wife who was in a couple of accidents this year and she is didnt know about the coverage for her.

Sailors_Gal13 said:
who was in a couple of accidents this year

A couple ?  Maybe leaving the house to go to the massage therapist isn't a good idea  ;D

Isn't that a kicker our spouses get massage therapy under the military health care coverage. (I might be mistaked but ? blue cross or provincial)  but a soldier isn't entitled to this.  Sound fair I don't think so.  Makes me wonder what else are they entitled to and we the soldiers aren't.......... hm interesting.

Under the CF spectrum of care if one province provides the benfit then CF pers are entitled.  Therefore, I don't think you will yet find a provincial plan that covers it.  If a CF memebr is prescribed massage therapy it is usually due to a chronic injury that is recognized by DVA.  There are always exception and on a case by case basis it is approved with lots of evidence and research, to show how it will help, provided to the Surg Gen through the medical chain of command.  The CFHS practices evidenced-based medicine, you provide the convincing evidence and they approve the request.  Massage therapy does not meet this criteria expect in very rare cases when nothing else has helped.

See CF Spectrum of Care at: http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/services/engraph/spectrum_of_care_home_e.asp?Lev1=1&Lev2=5&Lev3=1l

Excerpt:  The Director General Health Services determines the services to which members are entitled. Entitlement to services is based upon the following five guiding principles:the benefit is necessary for the purpose of maintaining health and mental well-being preventing disease; diagnosing or treating an injury; illness or disability;the benefit sustains or restores a serving member to an operationally effective and deployable member of the CF; the benefit adheres to the scientific principle of evidence based medicine. This principle would eliminate any new medical procedures or remedies that have not been thoroughly and scientifically investigated (e.g. homeopathic remedies); the benefit is not for purely experimental, research or cosmetic purposes; the benefit is funded by a single province or federal agency.

Hi this is my first time to the site. My husband Mojo started BMQ on October 1st. I can't seem to find any info about benefits for families and how it works. We have 3  young boys and this really is info I need. I asked him to get the info but he keeps getting the runaround. where can I get  help to find out when and what families are entitled to?
Also I miss him immensely so this site has been great to look at.
Billie

Visit this site and prepare to read.  There is a lot of info. 

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/engraph/pay_e.asp

Cheers

Back