• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spec OPs LBV

CDNBlackhawk

Inactive
Reaction score
I am still in Meaford going through battle school so i have no idea if this is allowed or not at battalion,

Can we wear Kit that is bought from a specialty store like this Load Bearing Vest while on tour/exercise etc

http://www.tacticalshop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1496

It really depends on your unit and its position in regards to personally-bought kit.  Although many units do allow Gucci kit to be used instead of some of the regular issue kit, you'd have to check with your unit about using personally-bought kit while on deployment and exercises.

And, if your unit does allow you to use personally bought kit, providing it is professional looking and efficient, get something better than the vest on that link.  Go with something made from Eagle - not only do they make a ton of vests, including a ton of custom-request vests from military personnel and law enforcement personnel together, but they guarantee their work.  If you request a specific vest from them, and it turns out it doesn't make the grade, Eagle will either replace the vest or fix it for free.  (Talk to them about the specifics of their guaranteed work).

Are you training to become RCR?

Oh, I dare you to try to wear that in the Bns... >:D

(p.s.- don't waste your money, put it in a nice RRSP or saving account for later when you need to buy something usefull, like a car or a house.)

Man your in Meaford...that means your going RCR, and that means you have a better chance of seeing the second coming then ever being allowed to wear that vest, some parts of 1 RCR (Recce&Snipers) you could kinda get away with it, but unless your there and you wont be for a few years your not going to be allowed to wear stuff like that.

Personally if I was you I would be looking more at say a good pair of gortex gloves for the winter, a good but not Rambo style knife and the best piece of kit I have ever bought the ever useful gortex stealth suit, man that piece of kit is the cats a**

Back