• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

mr peabody said:
I'm enjoying a Guinness myself.... waiting for the movers to come pick up my truck for the long trip east...  cheers.   :cheers:

I see you are headed east and to CYAW specifically.  Ever been posted to this area before?  NS is an awesome little province, there is tons going on and to do here.  My opinion...CFB Halifax, has lots of BS that comes with it military-wise that makes me shake my head, but the province itself and Halifax area has to be one of the best postings in the CF, IMO.

Listenin' to "Randy Newman & Lyle Lovett - You've Got A Friend In Me.'

Two voices, sour but sweet.  :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D_284Y8Wu7c&feature=related

Eye In The Sky said:
I see you are headed east and to CYAW specifically.  Ever been posted to this area before?  NS is an awesome little province, there is tons going on and to do here.  My opinion...CFB Halifax, has lots of BS that comes with it military-wise that makes me shake my head, but the province itself and Halifax area has to be one of the best postings in the CF, IMO.

I just left Greenwood last summer....  spent 7 years there.  My wife and I both love NS and we're looking forward to the move.  I'm especially excited about getting the opportunity to do some sea time.  It's a new fleet for me and I'm looking forward to the change in scenery. 

mr peabody said:
  I just left Greenwood last summer....  spent 7 years there.  My wife and I both love NS and we're looking forward to the move.  I'm especially excited about getting the opportunity to do some sea time.  It's a new fleet for me and I'm looking forward to the change in scenery. 

Assuming you've done HHT, what part of the city did you buy in?

Eye In The Sky said:
Halifax area has to be one of the best postings in the CF, IMO.

My money for the best posting in the CF would be placed on the Comox Valley, or anything on Vancouver Island.   

Still waiting to complete my out routine, there is always that one signature you can never get.

The wife is going back to school... marine bio at Dal, and I'm still paying for a 4.5 acre lot on the ocean in Prospect that we'd like to retire on;  so I just grabbed a Q to keep monthly costs down and avoid any expensive repair bills for the next 4 years.

I figure she'll just dump me for someone better after I put her through school anyway... why add a house to her assets?   ;)

Dolphin_Hunter said:
My money for the best posting in the CF would be placed on the Comox Valley, or anything on Vancouver Island.   

Still waiting to complete my out routine, there is always that one signature you can never get.

I'd have to agree, which goes nicely, either way, with my next MOC  ;D.  Its a win-win-win-oh alright! situtation (Greenwood being the oh alright posting to me).

Hopefully headed West!

Heh... too bad CFSME moved to the East coast........  Darn :(

Yeah, damn the people of Fraser Valley East for having the nerve to elect one of the few BC Conservative MPs in a Liberal government.  Step out of line, and seemingly unrelated bad things happen to you.  >:D

Packing for m 3's.  I am the first on the waiting list and someone above me is seriously cosidering an OT.  So, my WO told me today that I better pack up and be prepared, just in case.  I am not holding my breath but I would love to get on this course instead of waiting another 6-9 months.  That way I can start my career and stop being on a holding pattern.  Also, hubby is set to deploy late next year so he would breath easier if I got on this 3's.

geo said:
Heh... too bad CFSME moved to the East coast........  Darn :(
Yup just before I went on my 3's too damn it!!  It's all good now though.  ;D

At work, drinking coffee with my phone by my side...waiting to find out when I am starting BMQ.  That's all that's left...the dang phone call!

(have you checked to make sure the phone still works ?)
Maybe it does & maybe it doesn't....... BUT, the moment you pick it up, is it possible that they will call & you'll miss the call ???  >:D

Oh gosh, let's hope not!  Ah well, I'll get it one way or another.  Hopefully sooner rather than later...

Back