• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

someone recommend me what to do...I am frustrated and angry

• Thread starter Thread starter adaccache
  • Start date Start date
  A little tip which worked for me call once a week and stop in once a week.  I got in in less then 3 months.  My buddy who signed up sametime as i did is still waiting that was over a year ago now.

Good luck and keep up the PT
:cdn:

Bobby147 said:
Hi aesop081   and StormTrooper,

If you do not mind....   did u spent all past 10 years in Canada or you were born in some other country....

I am waiting for over six months now....   2 year wait is too much....    :crybaby:

Bobby
I was born in Turkey, and so far, I've been living in Canada for almost 7 years. The amount of time the background check will take varies depending on many factors. It depends on the country you are from (how developed it is), your age, the number of relatives you have still living in other 'scheduled' countries, etc..

So, you sent your papers in about 2 weeks ago (from the 28th of Dec?).  Hmmm.....just as Christmas leave was about to start.  That may be one of the reasons you haven't received a call yet.  There is no one there to call you.  ;)

It's disturbing how long it takes for people looking to join the CF. Sad, really.

Hi aesop081 and StormTrooper....

Thanx 4 ur reply....  wait period is too much.... :crybaby:

Bobby

Did you send them in (Canada Post, E-Mail etc) or did you bring them in (To CFRC or Reserve Unit)?

Makes a difference.  Either way, CFRC along with just about everyone else in the Army is/has been on XMas Block leave.  Everyone should be back to work by this Monday.  Give or take a couple people.

Give your CFRC a call on Monday if you haven't heard anything by then.

i first applied may of 2003 and i am still waiting for clearence from borden, but i have also had a few minor run ins with the law when i was under 18 and one small one when i was 18 <now im 22> but i cant hold that against them ijust hope they  just see me for the person i am now. oh yah i was told just a couple more weeks for clearence in borden, that was in september or october i believe. But worst case scenerio is they dinie my securty clearence and i wait a year and a half, get a pardon and apply again.

ayways good luck

I called recruiting today to see whats going on, I was told who the recruiting officer should be...so I called him, never heard of me and they haven't even received my papers

I guess they are sitting at the armory collecting dust

trying to contact armory, no answer

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Guys I'm sorry for your long wait especially the 2 years...man that's long. But don't go through the armory, they take too long sometimes. Go directly to the recruiting office and tell them you want to join so and so unit...from there they usually handle it faster because it's already at head office. The postal timing is cut out. Sometimes all they have to do is call the unit you want to join to inquire if there is space and there is always space to take another country-loving Canadian!  :cdn:

But Keep calling and visiting if you have to. It shows interest.

If you are applying to a reserve unit, try calling them on Wednesday nights...I believe that's when they have parades, and so should have somebody there to answer the phone.  I know what you mean about no one answering the phone...one time, I called the reserve unit in my town (Edmonton) on a weekday every 5 minutes for 4 straight hours and there was nobody there to pick up the phone.  I left tons of messages and nobody would call me back. 

Greywolf said:
If you are applying to a reserve unit, try calling them on Wednesday nights...I believe that's when they have parades, and so should have somebody there to answer the phone.   I know what you mean about no one answering the phone...one time, I called the reserve unit in my town (Edmonton) on a weekday every 5 minutes for 4 straight hours and there was nobody there to pick up the phone.   I left tons of messages and nobody would call me back.  

wow

I got to go to a university tommorow to talk to a councelor so I am going to stop by and get the papers myself I think, and walk them over myself

it just pisses me off that it takes people a month to do a simple task that would take 20 minute to complete. I should of handed the papers in myself, but I thought that method would be better

Not all Reserve units train on the same night, they usually have 1 admin night, and 1 training night a week. My unit's is Monday and Thursday respectfully.

Ty
:cdn:

welcome to the club!!

if you heard my story you 'd cry your eyes out.. but thats another story for another time..there are ppl far worse off than me.

but if your dedicated then the wait should feel a part of the recruiting process ..where they test your patience and dedication..lol  

2 weeks is just the begining ........

made this post @ work came back today to find a message from the cfrc on my answering machine.....dang got the message a little too late, the cfrc was closed now another nail biting weekend to find out if im going...

Hey adaccache,

I just dropped my papers off yesterday to the unit recruiting office. The recruiter told that it may take up to three weeks for the recruiting center to contact me about the interview/physical/etc. and that, if I haven't been contacted within three weeks, I should head back to the unit recruiting office and talk to them.  He also mentioned that the recruiting center was fairly backed up at the moment with applications/appointments for reg force guys.

Also I think the unit recruiting office (CHofO) seems to be open from 8am to 4pm on weekdays (not sure about lunch breaks, etc.) as well as Monday and Thursday nights from 7pm to 10pm.

Are you trying to get on course for February or for the summer?

hey guys I'm sorry to hear about your long waits.. i guess i got off luck i sent my application in and i got called like a week later then a week after that they brought me in to do my aptitude test medical etc that was like 2 months ago now my only problem is... is that they asked me to get a neurologist to answer some questions about my childhood so i have to wait till February 24th to go to that then I'm taking my medical info to my medical officer right after I'm done with the doctor... so I'm Probably gonna be in the April basic in 3 months i really hope to see some of u there :salute:

Stomper said:
Are you trying to get on course for February or for the summer?

I was trying to get on for Feb, as there are signs posted that they are recruiting for Feb...

Well that was my hope when I applied in december, but my latest trip there and them holding onto my papers, I am not holding my breath for Feb anymore...

I would of liked Feb, that way I can do some more courses over the summer and not feel rushed...oh well  :crybaby:

Dang. Good luck with the application.

Hopefully I'll be on a couple of courses in the summer. I'm not sure which ones yet because I'm not sure if I'll have to redo my BMQ. I'm hoping to have my BIQ done by the end of the summer and possibly get on to Stalwart Guardian '05. Hopefully the recuiting process won't take too long.

What will really get you is when they'll make you wait a year and tell you that you have been added to the merit list and to get all that stuff like a bank account and 2 passport size photos, and then 2 days later recieve a letter in the mail stating you have been rejected for a medical condition you do not have. To add to that make you wait another year, then give you a background check which could potentially take another year. Its a waiting game, which ever side waits the longest wins. Just think of it that way, and you'll feel better. Even with that LFRR going on I still dont see a difference in Recruiting.

-Usman

Well its been 7 months in the waiting but I'm finally going for my last interview. I'm hoping to make the Feb BMQ but I'm not sure if they will have enough time to get me there.

The total process has been a laugh, the CF should take a step back and look at how they are do this. I mean 7 months for me  , two years for others?? I was wondering what type of incentives the CF is trying to put forth. I applied for infantry, which should be on the top of the list in today's world. What I mean is that I could have gone to get a trade at community collage and be out in the work force, why would an organization with needs for people as myself do something like this. It dosen't make sense, if this is happens all the time how can they keep anyone interested at all.

The only reason which i have been waiting is because i really want in, so i'm waiting and working in a dead end job.

I know I'm just bitching!!!!

Two weeks is just the start!
Goodluck

Back