• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some questions from a wannabe

rz350

Inactive
Reaction score
*first off, let me say I cant apply for a while, as I need to get more SS credits)
That being said, I am curious as to #1 how long from submitting your application, until being accepted/rejected.
#2 when your doing basic (in my case it would prolly be at CFB borden) do you get any time off(like a evening or a weekend), or is it 2 months soild with no chance to see/call family go out ect?

You may want to browse in the recruiting section as all the information you request can be found there...

It NORMALLY takes like 2 to 3 months before you know if you're fit enough for military service and all your testing is done. (This was my case)

I didn't do my basic training but according to what i've read browsing this forum, you get time off on evenings and weekends after the first 4 weeks in basic.

Good luck

Also you dont go to Borden for basic trg you go to st jean in quebec. there are phone in the hallways

chimo

Take a few minutes to do some searches, especially in the recruiting forum.. there is so much information here that no one can put it all into a single post due to brevity. But, take the time to look and you'll find what you need and more.

Jun said:
Also you dont go to Borden for basic trg you go to st jean in quebec. there are phone in the hallways

chimo

The person at HMCS York(where I wanna join and where I got my application papers and such) told me I would go to Borden. Now I'm confused

Sounds like you're joining the Naval Reserve. Yup, you were right, they do their BMQ in Borden. Find PteKec on here, she's a sig op like me but she did her BMQ with the navy reserve in Borden, she'll tell you all about it.

Back