• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Simon Logan v. Her Majesty The Queen

Any clerks here or anyone on w the math or exact breakdown. I was able to talk to a lady that said she did my paper work and sent my file to accounting for payment issue. She stated that she didn't know the exact amount after deductions I was gonna recieved but before reductions my amount is $64,000. I ve had plans to buy a truck for my self with this money for several years now. I want to window shop. Anyone able to help me with the math

Any clerks here or anyone on w the math or exact breakdown. I was able to talk to a lady that said she did my paper work and sent my file to accounting for payment issue. She stated that she didn't know the exact amount after deductions I was gonna recieved but before reductions my amount is $64,000. I ve had plans to buy a truck for my self with this money for several years now. I want to window shop. Anyone able to help me with the math
Take your $64k deduct 30% for taxes and deduct another 16.6% for lawyers fees.

If we are being paid out this money for missed wages upon sissip but they are only responsible for 75% of our salary and then vacs pays the rest does that mean our monthly amount from vac is also going up? I know the sissip monthly payment is. But curious if the vac is too. And is sissip giving us all the money owed or just the 75 % does that mean vac owes us money too back paid?

Anyone else receive an email today from the kmlaw firm regarding an in progress Class Action about to go to Trial for approval in early November? It's the Canadian Forces Delayed Pension Class Action. According to the email, don't hold your breath on seeing anything settled on this Class Action anytime soon. The Leafs will win the Cup before any compensation comes of it!

Anyone else receive an email today from the kmlaw firm regarding an in progress Class Action about to go to Trial for approval in early November? It's the Canadian Forces Delayed Pension Class Action. According to the email, don't hold your breath on seeing anything settled on this Class Action anytime soon. The Leafs will win the Cup before any compensation comes of it!
That is better known as the Jost class action, searching using those terms will give a lot more information. It is related to delayed payments under the CFSA Part I and Part I.1 for individuals in the Reserve Force. It is not related to payments under the Pension Act.

If we are being paid out this money for missed wages upon sissip but they are only responsible for 75% of our salary and then vacs pays the rest does that mean our monthly amount from vac is also going up? I know the sissip monthly payment is. But curious if the vac is too. And is sissip giving us all the money owed or just the 75 % does that mean vac owes us money too back paid?
If you are still receiving LTD from SISIP and are also getting topped up by VAC once you receive your money from SISIP you need to report your new monthly amount to VAC. VAC will then recalculate your IRB and claw back the amount added to your new monthly amount. Your lump sum amount will not be clawed back. VACs policy on pay has different wording which keeps them from having to pay allowances.

Just writing an update. I received my payment today from Manulife. Only Allowance I was eligble for was PLD, I received what I roughly thought it would be today, a little over 5k. Halifax posting.

I have not received any letter stating break down yet.

I released at end of Summer 2016, So it seems they are moving along quite fast now.

Just writing an update. I received my payment today from Manulife. Only Allowance I was eligble for was PLD, I received what I roughly thought it would be today, a little over 5k. Halifax posting.

I have not received any letter stating break down yet.

I released at end of Summer 2016, So it seems they are moving along quite fast now.
if they are doing 2016, I was released 2015, I haven't received anything. so now I am sure that I was sent a letter in error, and that Halifax never had a PLD / you lose it when you go to the JPSU. it is what it is, and I wasn't planning on it anyway.

if they are doing 2016, I was released 2015, I haven't received anything. so now I am sure that I was sent a letter in error, and that Halifax never had a PLD / you lose it when you go to the JPSU. it is what it is, and I wasn't planning on it anyway.
I released in 2010 and have not received anything yet either. However the law firm has confirmed I am part of the class. So RedCastleBows I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. Manulife may have multiple teams working in parallel so they reach their mandated objective of 50% of class paid by June 23rd 2024.

I released in 2010 and have not received anything yet either. However the law firm has confirmed I am part of the class. So RedCastleBows I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. Manulife may have multiple teams working in parallel so they reach their mandated objective of 50% of class paid by June 23rd 2024.
Yeah it's most likely they have multiple teams because of the class size.

Some files are naturally going to be relatively simple to proceed, while others will require more work.

I have some news to this regard, I talked to sisip last friday and the LTD Rep told me they weren't paying by release date. I also heard this from someone else who said they are in the middle of the alphabet. Also my neighbour who is also a retired vet got his payout and he released in 2015, his last name begins with an M. I released in 2012 and my last name begins with a W.

So if you haven't been paid, I'm thinking your at the bottom of the alphabet. Its the pay line all over again

Let me know you last initial!

It seems they are going by release date just that those that are getting paid are ones that only did the initial 2 years with SISIP or are over age 65. If your still collecting SISIP you will continue to wait.

I have some news to this regard, I talked to sisip last friday and the LTD Rep told me they weren't paying by release date. I also heard this from someone else who said they are in the middle of the alphabet. Also my neighbour who is also a retired vet got his payout and he released in 2015, his last name begins with an M. I released in 2012 and my last name begins with a W.

So if you haven't been paid, I'm thinking your at the bottom of the alphabet. Its the pay line all over again

Bowser, so yeah.

I appreciate the positivity, Veterans deserve every penny they get, but some of us get left behind and that's the unfortunate truth. I am fortunate that I got something from VAC / SISIP, even if this isn't part of that. I know others who have suffered for years and won't / can't go to VAC or SISIP because they were denied so many times and fought so hard that they almost "unalived" themselves because of the stress, and don't want to walk down that road again.

thanks everyone
take care

You could be right. My last name begins with 'S'.

I can confirm it's going by neither last name or year. It's completely random as to whom they pay out and when. I confirmed that with a SISIP representative from the class action team over the phone.

I can confirm it's going by neither last name or year. It's completely random as to whom they pay out and when. I confirmed that with a SISIP representative from the class action team over the phone.
It's not random. This has been stated by the lawyers on their website that it's by date. They have been doing it by date since January and working their way up for those with only 2 years on LTD or over 65. You can see this by tracking the people who have mentioned they received payment since January in Facebook groups. You can now see they are on the year of 2015/2016 for those that fall into that specific group.

If there's anyone that still is on SISIP and has received payment please speak up with year of release as this helps in tracking where they are at with that group.

It's not random. This has been stated by the lawyers on their website that it's by date. They have been doing it by date since January and working their way up for those with only 2 years on LTD or over 65. You can see this by tracking the people who have mentioned they received payment since January in Facebook groups. You can now see they are on the year of 2015/2016 for those that fall into that specific group.

If there's anyone that still is on SISIP and has received payment please speak up with year of release as this helps in tracking where they are at with that group.
still on LTD, released 2015

sorry I didn't receive it, dealing with something and i need to slow down when reading.

Last edited:
still on LTD, released 2015

sorry I didn't receive it, dealing with something and i need to slow down when reading.
Are you reg force or reserve class c? Were you getting more than one type of allowance or multiple?

The only payouts appear to be the less complex lower dollar amounts moving forward from earliest release dates. Myself - I was 3B released in 2016 due to injuries in a special duty area and I am still collecting SISIP. I communicate regularly with other class c members like myself and have been following 8 other Facebook and message forums, and this appears to be the pattern. The vast majority reporting a payout are those no longer receiving LTD, and appear to be done based on year of release or they had turned 65. I have only seen 2 class c reservist with a payout but those 2 were bumped over to vac IRB after the initial 2 years. I have seen only a few reg force claimants still on LTD receive their lump sum but they only reported receiving PLD or a clothing allowance on date of release… and the amount has been small with their Ltd being fully offset / clawed back by vac… The biggest lump sum for PLD that I saw so far was $40,000 after all deductions. Same for a class c reservist that was bumped after the 2 years, that persons payout was similar but they did not state the dollar amount in direct terms. The pattern that has appeared; possibly to process as many files as possible to meet the 50% mark in year one… is to complete the easiest ones first and those no longer with SISIP based on year of release.

Who is the Law Firm that I can contact just for peace of mind to find out if I am on the list? I was Reg Force and receiving PLD while in Halifax from 2003-2011. I'm guessing I should be part of it? I Released in 2011.

Are you reg force or reserve class c? Were you getting more than one type of allowance or multiple?

The only payouts appear to be the less complex lower dollar amounts moving forward from earliest release dates. Myself - I was 3B released in 2016 due to injuries in a special duty area and I am still collecting SISIP. I communicate regularly with other class c members like myself and have been following 8 other Facebook and message forums, and this appears to be the pattern. The vast majority reporting a payout are those no longer receiving LTD, and appear to be done based on year of release or they had turned 65. I have only seen 2 class c reservist with a payout but those 2 were bumped over to vac IRB after the initial 2 years. I have seen only a few reg force claimants still on LTD receive their lump sum but they only reported receiving PLD or a clothing allowance on date of release… and the amount has been small with their Ltd being fully offset / clawed back by vac… The biggest lump sum for PLD that I saw so far was $40,000 after all deductions. Same for a class c reservist that was bumped after the 2 years, that persons payout was similar but they did not state the dollar amount in direct terms. The pattern that has appeared; possibly to process as many files as possible to meet the 50% mark in year one… is to complete the easiest ones first and those no longer with SISIP based on year of release.
Reg force, would have only been collecting PLD (i guess, but I don't remember getting PLD in Halifax,) because I got posted to the JPSU.
I was released in 2015, I am still on SISIP. I am probably one of the least complicated payouts, I haven't received anything while I guess others have. but there is a lot of different information coming from a lot of places.

Back