• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signing Bonus???

Been there. no info on it.. Like I said someone in Ottawa said it may happen....i'm about to sign my offer very soon and would HATE to miss out on it...don't think it would be retro.
Like I said...just a rumour.

Thanks for the jokes though. ;D

You are correct...You are wrong.
Pilots, dentists, docs, sig ops,,,to mention a few.

Depends what they need and how bad. I know every now and then there is a list but I can't find it. :rage:

There is one in french,

http://www.forces.ca/v3/frgraph/resources/payandbenefits_fr.aspx?bhcp=1

signing bonus for doctors, and dentists,  no other trade.
Incentives for pilots

I can't seem to open the English page...

Edit: to correct from the right infos of Kincakuck (didn't read all the page before posting, sorry)

Yrys said:
There is one in french,

http://www.forces.ca/v3/frgraph/resources/payandbenefits_fr.aspx?bhcp=1

signing bonus for doctors, dentists, and pilots, no other trade.

I can't seem to open the English page...

There are no initial signing bonus for pilots just the incentives as mentioned at the website.

Hey im just jumping in cause it seemed lik you guys know what your alking about. I am a 21 year old soon to be father who doent have a stable FULL time job and is having troubling find one. Since I am soon to be responsable for a life besides my own now i need to get my act together quick!!! I was thinking the CF? What would be my best way to get in with or without a signing bonus? I only have my high school finish :-X..... if someone could help me out with there opioin on what would be the best and most profitable way to join the CF :cdn: and is willig to do feild combat w/e it takes to make $$

westwelly said:
Hey im just jumping in cause it seemed lik you guys know what your alking about. I am a 21 year old soon to be father who doent have a stable FULL time job and is having troubling find one. Since I am soon to be responsable for a life besides my own now i need to get my act together quick!!! I was thinking the CF? What would be my best way to get in with or without a signing bonus? I only have my high school finish :-X..... if someone could help me out with there opioin on what would be the best and most profitable way to join the CF :cdn: and is willig to do feild combat w/e it takes to make $$
[list type=decimal]
[*]With just HS, you're very unlikely to get a signing bonus. You have no employable skills above and beyond anyone else.
[*]The best possible way to get in is to go to your local recruiting center and talk to them. They do this for a living. They know all of the options, and can steer your to what will be the best fit for your personality, interests and strengths.
[*]I would be very cautious to not use the term "most profitable way to join the CF". If you are trying to make a quick buck, this is the wrong option. We don't do this for money. You will get resentment, if not outright denial, by talking in that manner.
[/list]

Good luck.

westwelly said:

facepalm1.gif

How about contacting a recruiting centre?

Here's some free advice:  Read more....no, a lot more of the forums before you post again.  And if you go into a recruiting centre, try not to put cash as your primary motivation for joining the CF.

Well, here's the official (per se)word I got yesterday when I re-opened my application in CFRC Barrie yesterday.
1. The ONLY applications being processed right now are Pharmacy and Social workers. All other trades are CLOSED.
2. The "In demand" trades listed on Forces.ca are the ones they are accepting applications for, but they will not be processed until April, at the earliest.
3. Combat Arms, including Infantry, MIGHT open in April, but the recruiters aren't psychic. They can only make educated guesses right now, and they'll find out April 1st, and then pass that information onto we the anxious. There are no guarantees for anything.

The bottom line? Get your papers in, get fit, work on your education, anything to make you a more appealing applicant. And wait patiently. April is just a couple months away, and then we'll have an idea of what opportunities there are. I've been wanting to enlist for two YEARS, I can wait a few more months.  :salute:

westwelly said:
... What would be my best way to get in with or without a signing bonus? ...

I called the recruiter in ottawa yesterday and they mentioned:
There will most likely be no "signing bonuses" this year.  Signing bonuses are incentives for more people to apply to positions which usually don't get enough to meet the need for that position.  This year there will be less positions available (less need/budget) so no bonuses.  The position I was enquiring about was Signals Officer because this position was flagged "in demand" recently (but he said the no bonus will most likely apply across the board).  I'm actually thinking about applying for pilot, but was curious about Signals Officer because its more in line with my background (computer science). 

I asked if he was certain, and he said noone can be certain until April 1st (when the budget is announced and positions are opened). 

SpenceL19 said:
Well, here's the official (per se)word I got yesterday when I re-opened my application in CFRC Barrie yesterday.
1. The ONLY applications being processed right now are Pharmacy and Social workers. All other trades are CLOSED.
2. The "In demand" trades listed on Forces.ca are the ones they are accepting applications for, but they will not be processed until April, at the earliest.

Is "processed" the word the recruiter used? If not, whats your definition of processed?

One of the problems we see on this site is people relying on the word of others instead of doing the legwork themselves. If you want to know the CFRC's definition of processed then YOU should call them and ask.

SpenceL19 said:
3. Combat Arms, including Infantry, MIGHT open in April, but the recruiters aren't psychic. They can only make educated guesses right now, and they'll find out April 1st, and then pass that information onto we the anxious. There are no guarantees for anything.

The bottom line? Get your papers in, get fit, work on your education, anything to make you a more appealing applicant. And wait patiently. April is just a couple months away, and then we'll have an idea of what opportunities there are. I've been wanting to enlist for two YEARS, I can wait a few more months.  :salute:

I think that it might actually vary from CFRC to CFRC. I didn't sign up for either of those trades and they still processed me for my trades (some of of which are listed as in demand and some of which aren't listed as in demand on the site). I handed in my application about 4-5 weeks ago. I have my aptitude test and interview tomorrow (nervous... of course), and my medical on Monday.

Scott said:
One of the problems we see on this site is people relying on the word of others instead of doing the legwork themselves. If you want to know the CFRC's definition of processed then YOU should call them and ask.

Scott: I was in the RC less than 7 days ago. I was told "in demand" trades are currently being processed. Choice of words matter, and it is necessary to clear up any confusion.

You can play with words till the cows come home......you're still gonna wait and probably whine in your special way.

KingofKeys said:
Scott: I was in the RC less than 7 days ago. I was told "in demand" trades are currently being processed. Choice of words matter, and it is necessary to clear up any confusion.

No. To keep confusion from happening in the first place we always suggest that people call their CFRC instead of yik yakking it up on the site. The CFRC knows best, not people spread all over the country with a possiblity of hearing things differently, hearing what they want, etc, etc, etc.

Now if you want to know - call the CFRC.

Done.

KingofKeys said:
Scott: I was in the RC less than 7 days ago.

7 days ago ?

7 days might as well be 7 years ago. Do you know how fast and how many times things change in the CF in 7 days ??

::)

99% of the confusion here is because of people still in the recruiting process thinking they are now experts on recruiting. The blind leading the blind.

Donovan,
You're lucky then  ;D because I was specifically told that nothing would be done with my file until at least April. (I asked this twice in person and once on the phone)
Btw, the trades I listed were Sig Op, Combat Engineer, and Armored.

Now, that being said, I don't see why I can't give my recruiter a call every three weeks or so to see if anything changes, and I can do my testing. Who knows, something might fall out.

Hi All,

Anyone know what the current signing bonus is for Engineer officer? Summer 2023

Hi All,

Anyone know what the current signing bonus is for Engineer officer? Summer 2023
Signing Bonuses (officially "Recruitment Allowances") are currently available for ENGR, AERE, EME, NCS ENG, and MS ENG, as per CANFORGEN 096/23.

Details on the allowances themselves can be found in Table "K" to CBI 205.525:

In essence, it is $40k in 2 installments, $25k on completion of BMOQ and the other $15k 24 months later if the member is still serving in the RegF. Only for DEO officers joining the RegF.

Back