• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signals Experiences

Tomato

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey All,

First post here so don't flame me to death if there is already another topic around here. I am seriously considering in enlisting in the armed forces. Well, I just went through the interview process yesterday for a Signals officer as my first choice. My 2nd and 3rd were rejected due to my vision. The recruiter near the end said, "In short I have done things with the forces which I have never dreamed of doing."

And that got me thinking. If I am to accept the offer that is put out. Can I please get some experiences that people on this board have had with this particular trade. I want the good and the bad. He said the more I know the better prepared I will be. Also things relating to signals officers in general would great.

In other words, if you have stories, FYI's, advice. Please give them to me. I want to learn as much as I can.

On a side note, I am thinking about 2nd and 3rd choices now. (EME is one of them) Where would I post them? In the recruitment section or the specific sub sections?

I just enrolled as a Sig O and im about to start CAP soon. I was also wondering where first postings are after phase 3/4.

Please dont just send me a link to every army base or sig squadron in the country. I would like to know what are perhaps the top 5 most likely postings or something like that. If it really is impossible to say then thats fine. Also how much of a choice do you get for the posting especially since im a single male with no dependants?

Thanks

Back